We had a party on Saturday night (you're invited for next year), and since then, I've been grazing on leftovers. Each time I eat a meatball, cheese on a cracker, a Frango, or dip on a little piece of cocktail bread, I think of this movie

Do you remember the chick flick Mermaids? It had its flaws, but Cher's character had a penchant for turning any food she made into an appetizer. And now that I've shared this with you, I wouldn't mind if those thoughts ceased...


5 comments:
Dear Ellie,
I remember that about "Mermaids" too. I feel like Cher's character every morning when I make PB&J into circles because no one likes the crust. Cher's character used to cut everything into weird shapes
so her kids would eat it.
BP
I guess I missed this movie. Should I rent it?
The weather and roads have been so bad over here that I'd love to say I'll come next year : ) But I'm also freaked at how dangerous the roads have been since Thanksgiving. I'm tired of driving under scary conditions.
I'm supposed to come back soon for my semi-annual doc appt. (12-22) and am beginning to wonder if I can make it both ways. I'll hope for the best and if it is too crummy, I'm just going to cancel the appt. I'll keep you posted. I'll either leave DSM on the 20th or 21st, depending on the weather report. My appt. is first thing Monday a.m. 12-22, and I'll take off right after that to head back. Mitch takes off on the bus for MN on 12-23 in the wee hours of the a.m. and I take off on 12-24 in the early morning for O'Hare & then Beijing. I hope I can get out of O'Hare, as I understand there have been some weather delays and cancellations coming out of Chicago this season too.
I'd sure like to come to your party and meet some of your friends though! Surely every year can't be snowstorm city! The first winter I was here was totally like spring all season. It was weird but made travel a delight. Since then it has been more like I remember it as a child - snow, snow, and more snow.
Our friends are fun, our party was fun. Annemarie was the only LWS person, and she said, "Your friends are so nice!" So, yep, you'd like 'em.
Loved the movie. Anna, Katie and I watch it when ever it is one. I need to buy it.
Love appetizers too! That's what we do on Christmas eve with our friends. Play games, eat great snack food and have some holiday cheer!
-Renee
Post a Comment