Friday, July 24, 2009

Christmas in July

Did you ever enjoy a party so much you didn't take nearly enough pictures to capture the memories? Well, that's what happened to me tonight. I had girlfriends over for a Christmas in July party, and I only took a handful of snaps as we made ornaments for Jeanette's tree, ate, drank, and talked. I didn't even take pictures of the ornaments that I made. Whoops!
Here a few pics that aren't all about me...

Even though it was a girls' night, Brad was there at the beginning and end to help out. Kathy had missed sushi night two weeks ago, so she make sushi ornaments out of felt. She and Brad had to slice them with a real knife, nothing else worked!
Aren't they cute?
Here's the work table (with Jeanette's "Victoria's Secret" cloth). We were messy, but creative.
We painted Christmas salt and pepper shakers, glass balls, we beaded wire and formed hearts, made drops that looked like crystal, and put bows on angels. All were gorgeous.

Kathy then found a Sharpee and wrote on these balls...Bible verses mostly.
Her calligraphy skills are such a gift!
Sorry the pictures aren't swell, I was having too much fun making memories to capture them with a camera!
But Jeanette took plenty... give her time, and I'm sure she'll have a post. And I'm sure Brad and I will be finding glitter throughout the downstairs for months. Totally worth it though, we love our friends.
Next day post script--Jeanette's blog post is better. I stole this photo from it:
These are my hearts and angels. The hearts are so cute, I'm going to make some for my tree. I got the idea from a book of kids' crafts. Gold beads strung on a wire. My friends are artistic, but I'm so not crafty! (Sorry for the wild backdrop of our glass-topped game table!)

5 comments:

Jeanette Horng said...

Thank you for a lovely party! It was sooo well planned and well done. I can't believe how creative people can be.

I shall be posting something as soon as I can...maybe Janina too??

Remind me to tell you about the frogs on Sunday....

Pam C. said...

Do you ever have other parties during the year to celebrate a special day at an odd time of year - like Thanksgiving in June?
Pam C.

Ellen aka Ellie said...

We don't Pam, but what a good idea! Especially for Thanksgiving which is so important!

Let's do it next June!

mah-meeee said...

looked like fun!!! the sushi ornaments are so creative! the bible verses ornaments are just beautiful.

now if i can make one that looks like a microphone, i'll be sending it over there. :)

andi said...

awww, i wish i could've made it to Christmas in July! the ornaments look beautiful. i love the sushi!!!