I'm sure by the end of today, I'll have some deep thoughts as I reflect on my first few days as a fourth grade teacher. Of course, I will most likely be too tired to compose them. It's been a good and busy week. My kids are the cutest!
So, for now, I'll share something simple that made me smile this morning--catching sight of this "doorstop", in use all summer here.

Perhaps Old Navy should advertise these as multi-use tools? Good thing Mac only needed this pair (the other is in use across the hall) for Manistee. We've had the windows open, the breezes blowing and no slamming doors for months thanks to this little piece of rubber!
Flip flops...ahhh, though school is in full swing there's still time for some summery weather days.
So, for now, I'll share something simple that made me smile this morning--catching sight of this "doorstop", in use all summer here.
Perhaps Old Navy should advertise these as multi-use tools? Good thing Mac only needed this pair (the other is in use across the hall) for Manistee. We've had the windows open, the breezes blowing and no slamming doors for months thanks to this little piece of rubber!
Flip flops...ahhh, though school is in full swing there's still time for some summery weather days.
I'm going to savor each moment I can be outside--if this week's rain ever stops!


4 comments:
Sometimes the rain and flip flops make a good combination - only if the sole is rubber, however! The rain can help wash away sand, and grass, and other things that get stuck under our delicate little tootsies. Viva the flip flop!
Love it!
How about viva the flip flop doorstop!
Real Simple magazine has something where they give an objects normal use and then...it'S AHA use! It's fun when we notice little things like this & feel resourceful.
Also, really glad you are enjoying your 4th graders.
Tina via facebook
That's very cute especially as we think about summer's end.
(Trying to keep the door open just a week bit longer.)
Post a Comment