Friday, January 8, 2010

Faux Fromage Friday!

     Mac's friend Julie is pursuing her education in France. (How cool is that?)  From her facebook status updates, I can sense she's homesick from time to time.  A while back she begged for Kraft Macaroni and Cheese. I found this delightful because 1) Julie lives in the culinary capital of the world and 2) Julie is a foodie.  She has a blog one of my friends referred to as "food porn."  Julie cooks.  Julie, according to my son and apparent through her blog, is a gifted cook.
     I am not a cook.  My son was raised on such delights as the good ol' blue box mac 'n' cheese.  So, borrowing an idea stolen from my friend Rachel who also lives in France, has a blog that's not about cooking, but also misses this Kraft beyond-guilty pleasure, I am sending Miss Julie two packets of Kraft cheese powder.  Why spend money on postage to Europe for pasta when the cheese is the pure gold of this dish?

     My name may be Stewart, but I'm no Martha!  Julie, start checking your mailbox. 

4 comments:

Pam C. said...

Are you a mac and cheese purist? Do you follow the directions to a tee (milk and butter?) We are a house divided in my home. Don't ask me why (probably stems from my childhood) I prefer the blue mac and cheese sticky and intensely cheesy. The less milk and butter introduced, the more the cheese taste becomes concentrated. My husband and kids however, prefer it creamy and laced with butter. What is your mac and cheese style?

bill via facebook (from France!) said...

Well said! The things from home sometimes taste better than the most expensive French meal possible!

Anonymous said...

Dear Ellie,

My sister in law's mac n' cheese was always the rave of the neighborhood. Another mom called and asked her how she prepared it.
She told her that she makes it with a half a stick of butter!!

Did I mentioned she lives in Wisconsin?

Brenda

mah-meeee said...

i love kraft's mac and cheese! no matter how many mac and cheeses i've tried, i still love kraft's.