Friday, February 26, 2010

Fun Photo Friday

     There are such simple pleasures yet important treasures that come along with the wonderful job I have.  Here are two.
     One of the third graders who is new to my after school tutoring group gave me her Mondrian inspired artwork:
 
   And another third grader I don't even know had this card delivered to me:

     Here's the sentiment inside:

     So sweet.  Do you like how she switched from printing to cursive? (Third graders are nuts about showing off their cursive!) The "fun" part is, I have no idea what grade level I'll be teaching next year. I'd love to stay in fourth, I'd love to loop to fifth with this group, but with proposed budget cuts, I'm just fortunate and blessed to know I'll have a job.  One thing I've learned this year, my first in a new grade after a decade in the old one, I'm capable of more than I once thought.
     Change is good.  We shall see...

3 comments:

Sarah Lynn said...

Aww that card is sweet! Doesn't stuff like that make you love kids? : )

Laura said...

How AWESOME is that letter!!!
How cute.

mah-meeee said...

wow, isn't that a real pat on your back when you are being 'requested' by a possible future student?