Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I love to read...

"Books can be possessive, can't they?  You're walking around in a bookstore and a certain one will jump out at you, like it had moved there on its own, just to get your attention.  Sometimes what's inside will change your life, but sometimes you don't even have to read it.  Sometimes it's  a comfort just to have a book around."

from The Sugar Queen
by Sarah Addison Allen

3 comments:

lisa :) said...

Ooooh!! You know I'm going to have to borrow this quote, right?? ;)

I've heard lots of good things about Sarah Addison Allen - and especially The Sugar Queen. Gonna have to add it onto Planet TBR (I think it's gotten too big to be a mountain... I think it's got a gravitational pull of it's own by now...)

purejoy said...

i love to read, too. have not heard of that book. let me know what you think of it!

currently reading the good and beautiful God.
it's spectacular.

Ellen aka Ellie said...

That book was sweet, no pun intended, and kind of mystical like her other two (2). Of them all, I liked this one best. I wanted it to continue, and in a way, it does...