Friday, October 8, 2010

Fashion Forward Friday

     This year at school I must wear three very hip accessories:
My mic--to help stave off further vocal damage,

a second mic with transmitter for a hearing impaired student,

and my required I.D./key card on a  lanyard.  
(Add to that my recess whistle, 'cause there's no way I'd remember to add something else 'round my neck before going outside!)

Put them all together, and you have one hot mess of chic accessories:
No matter how much thought I put into an ensemble, it's never quite the same once I start my teaching day.
I rattle so much, there's no way I could sneak up on anyone.
Standing too close to certain spots, and feedback is emitted.
Wooden buttons clack against my mic.
Necklaces?  
Only for weekends and summertime. 

Please,
send bracelets!


15 comments:

Scented Soy Candles said...

its great post i am here first time but its very good post

Pam C said...

This is hysterical!

the Chacogirl said...

I gotta love you, Ellen! You might need a back brace soon, because of all the extra weight around your neck! Send me your address, I'll send you a bracelet:)
P.S. You're my favorite 4th grade teacher-blogger!

purejoy said...

yep. those are hip fashion accessories!

you are super stylish, in that sexy-fourth-grade-teacher sort of way.

lisa :) said...

We could always get you a headset mic a la Britney Spears...

:)

SusanD said...

Now, that's a HAWT look! lol. Bracelet? I can fix you up, just tell me where to send it. Have a fabulous weekend wearing all your other-than-school chic necklaces. :) Blessings, SusanD

Ellen aka Ellie said...

Lisa, when I used to speak at church I had a headset mic--not as big as Brit's. But it was annoying 'cause the mic head looked like a zit!

Purejoy, yeah, my purple cardigan that day was really style-fabulous!

;)

✿ said...

I'd hate for you to just write to yourself. It's an awful feeling, isn't it?

shawna-mygirls.blogspot.com
iamthat-shawna.blogspot.com

✿ said...

LOL...sorry you didn't understand my comment. :)

Above the box where we're supposed to leave comments for you, you wrote "If you don't leave a comment, I could be accused of talking (writing?) to myself. Please don't let that happen..."

I was responding to that quote. I don't know why I thought you'd remember it saying that! You probably never even see that. :)

Sorry for the confusion. You are most certainly NOT uncool.

Ellen aka Ellie said...

Shawna--

You are right, I wrote that so long, I forgot about it!

Your initial comment makes total sense now!

Thanks for stopping by. :)

Laurie said...

I have to wear 2 out of the 3 things you do! Your transmitter is a lot fancier than mine. I do feel your pain about fashion and noise.

Katie Lynn said...

Haha. I think if you added bracelets to that ensemble you may fall over from all the extra weight!

Anonymous said...

VERY fashionable ;)

Does all that rubbing hurt your neck?

<3 Sar

Ellen aka Ellie said...

No neck aches, but I catch the transmitter on my earrings often. K has to take it to her other teachers, so it comes on and off for math, art, etc.

Laura said...

You really know how to accessorize lady. Nice work.