Mac is going to grad school at LSU.
He lives in a rented townhouse with a roommate and his dog.
Last month, the neighbors went away and left a puppy in their bathroom.
The stench was how Mac and his roomie figured out something in the adjacent unit was not right.
Lovely.
The neighbors came home, and things have been quiet and less stinky for a while.
Yesterday, Mac called and said, "Don't freak out."
Not a good way to start a call home to Mom, right?
Not a good way to start a call home to Mom, right?
I'm not that into freaking out, and you know I'm pretty tired and freaking out takes energy.
Plus,I was sitting with a student--tutoring.
So as I was giving her her spelling test, Mac told me the newest.
This week, his roommate was held up at gunpoint in the parking lot.
He was walking his obviously-not-a-watch-dog.
The robbers got $4.
Super.
He and Mac are moving to a different unit since the roomie thinks the robber, who has yet to be caught, saw where they lives.
Yep.
I really don't have anything pithy to say here.
Inhale.
Exhale.
He's 900 miles away, you know?
A side note, the LSU football season has been highly enjoyable for my son.
Woowhee SEC!
Woowhee SEC!


13 comments:
Ugh. Very cruel about the dog and the robbery, but glad Mac's roomie is okay. I'm sure it's tough not being able to give a comforting mom hug, but there's plenty of crime close to home too (you would not want to see the security alerts that get sent out at U-Chicago).
If you couldn't think of something pithy to say, I will...within ten minutes of getting caught Kyle was already saying that the "joke was on them" since they only got $4, and getting mad that he couldn't even get the dignity of being held up by a smart criminal - who takes $4 but leaves two debit cards, a credit card and a SSN card?
Oh, and the dog is useless. He thought Kyle and the robber were playing. He'll growl all day when people have the nerve to walk past the door, but when Kyle gets a gun pointed at him he wants to play. Go figure.
yikes. let me say again ... yikes. i think i'll join you ... inhale, exhale ... deep breaths, now!
Also... we decided that the robber was a chump because he didn't hold the gun sideways.
Kill Shot!
hahaha kill shot!! glad you have a sense of humor. i'd need a defibrillator. not joking.
i'm glad he has a good attitude about it. does he like his roommate? are they getting along well?
as for LSU football. worst loss ever in the history of TN football was against LSU. fail on an epic scale.
hope you are refreshed this weekend!
oh my goodness! really .... inhale ... exhale.... repeat.
is it the area or just bad luck?
hope Mac finds a better unit... or building all together.
I hate my roommate. I'm only posting this because I linked Kyle to this entry.
Yep, tough being the mom when they are far away. I "survived" my son. I don't even want to think about when Princess moves away, which she says is going to be before next summer. To Alabama (still). And with her cousin and his fiance (or whatever she is). Two hours away from my sister-in-law. My brain is already thinking of the bad things that could happen with no one around to help her. :(
Lisa--the roommates (Mac and Kyle) we VERY upset about the puppy next door.
Bia, I'm still breathing!
Kimberly, I pretty much have a sense of humor about ALL things. You wouldn't believe how much I get in trouble sometimes because of that...regardless of what Mac has posted here, he and Kyle get along well!
Agnes, they looked up the stats and this type of crime is quite uncommon for their 'hood. (Mac, not trying to be hip, I am making fun of where you live though!)
Ace, When Princess moves, I'll pray even more her. Promise!
Truly all, if Mac is not freaked out, I can't be. Some ancient book tells us not to worry...
Hi there - following from the boost my blog friday hop :) I am so excited to read more - the title of your blog encompasses what I am trying to do also as a woman of God!!
-Hope
dreamingmommy.blogspot.com
So from freaking out reading your post, breathing with you, I am cracking up at Mac's comments. Like a typical, well raised, resillant kiddo... He is taking it with humor & grace.
Granted, it was his roommate, but still.
And for the dog, I'm guessing no dog treats for a while... Oh, I so believe that would be my dog as well...
Wow...don't know what I would do if I got a call like that. I already preface most calls from my daughter (and I get several a day) with is everything all right? The funny thing is that its the little things that freak me out, the bigger ones I can take with God's grace. I am so glad my daughter went to the U of Washington and lived at home until she got married. I don't think I could have handled the stress. Prayers for Mac. Is he an only child? I feel so sorry for only children, they carry such a huge burden in their parents worry. I can say that because Elsie is an only also.
Post a Comment