I read this really cool craft blog, the blogger, Vicki, makes some really unique things, and early in January she posted a frame that I loved and found, well, inspirational. So I copied her idea, sans frame and made some magnets (which I think I've already posted here). I wrote to her to let her know she was the wind beneath my paper wings, and yesterday she featured them (and me!) on her blog.
Check out The Creative Goddess! What an encouragement she was too me.
No tutorial needed. I cut some hearts, glued them back to back, folded them, and glued them on the fold. I have mad crafter skills...
Here's proof of that. My friend Megan has been working with me on learning to knit for over a year now. This is my work in progress:
Ah, nothing like a glassed topped table. You can tell I didn't stage this photo. Anyway, I'm learning a lot, and sometimes I'm even able to repair my goofs. This is a ribbed pattern with a ruffle at each end.
I like the pattern, but not sure about the finished product. I think it would look better with a bulky yarn. This lavender and silver yarn is so thin I'm knitting with two strands that are two ply each. (I don't know if those are the right words...)
Sometimes it's like unraveling Ramen noodles...
I WILL (with Megan's great help) finish this in the next 12 days. Have to, my friend Brenda (whom I'm making it for) is coming to town. I'm trying to get her to promise that if she thinks she won't ever wear it, our time together will be spent in a yarn shop picking out something (thicker) else.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Great job! Congratulations on being featured too. That's awesome. :)
see? you're so crafty that you are featured on a crafting blog!
Whoa, that's weird, I'm not me when I'm logged in my work email.
This is better!
Post a Comment