...all kinds of knitting ninjas are all over the web. I randomly ran across this picture, and it made me laugh. I just may have to order these one day for all my Dose of Fiber gal pals.
Speaking of whom, we are getting together on Sunday night for a "dip" dinner (it's only me who is calling it that, and I refer to the food not the personalities), and to begin our group project.
You see, my knitting sensei Megan (and I've called her that for a while, so now ninja fits too), has a knitting philosophy:
Have three projects going at any given time:
One that mindless
One that's challenging
One for charity.
So, as a group we're going to begin our second project. This time it's a blanket for Warm Up America, and fittingly, Ronald McDonald House.
I'm pretty excited to hang with girlfriends-of-ages while we nosh and knit. (And Helen crochets!)
Sunday should be fun. :)
Ninja style...
As for my other two projects, I'm getting them going this week. Hope to share pics. The easy one, a potato chip scarf. The challenge...a felted purse. Eek!
Speaking of whom, we are getting together on Sunday night for a "dip" dinner (it's only me who is calling it that, and I refer to the food not the personalities), and to begin our group project.
You see, my knitting sensei Megan (and I've called her that for a while, so now ninja fits too), has a knitting philosophy:
Have three projects going at any given time:
One that mindless
One that's challenging
One for charity.
So, as a group we're going to begin our second project. This time it's a blanket for Warm Up America, and fittingly, Ronald McDonald House.
I'm pretty excited to hang with girlfriends-of-ages while we nosh and knit. (And Helen crochets!)
Sunday should be fun. :)
Ninja style...
As for my other two projects, I'm getting them going this week. Hope to share pics. The easy one, a potato chip scarf. The challenge...a felted purse. Eek!



6 comments:
Have fun with all your knitting projects!
I'm so proud of you! :)
knitting ninjas! i love it!
love the idea of the three projects. i tend to put my knitting aside in the warmer weather. i haven't accomplished much this winter at all. sigh.
but that's okay. i'm learning how to hold things more loosely.
love those little ninjas!! adorable!!
Karin, thanks!
Jane, you are one of the gusts of wind beneath my wings!
Kimberly, aren't they hilarious? I like the idea of three projects too. That way when I mess up I can reach for something else...
Oh, and I plan on knitting all summer long!
I must say I tend to have several projects going at once. Right now I am attempting to fix the Little Guy's Deer Sweater that I scorched; I am knitting some legwarmers for myself (I suffer horribly from achy legs and knees and the only thing that really helps is wool); and I have baby washcloths going for all the new babies coming my way at work and by friends. Now there are a couple of stalled projects out there also, a sweater for myself and one for Elsie and a couple pairs of socks and mittens. Ah, well. I wouldn't want to be bored. :)
Post a Comment