Monday, April 4, 2011

Springly Selfish

     I'm taking part in The Spring Fever Challenge. Those of you who know me, know I'm not much of a joiner.  I'm pretty comfy in my own little rut.  But for some reason, after perusing this girl's blog, I decided to join.
     Between today and June 20th, I'm supposed to work on some self-set goals.  That's why I'm calling this selfish, it's pretty much all about Ellie.  So much for losing myself.
     So, here are my goals:
  • Sew more and set up a good spot to do it--make at least one Little Dress for Africa.  (Two would be better!)
  • Take a sewing class.
  • Walk a mile at lunch, three times a week.*
  • Eat meatless (not vegan) two days a week.
  • Complete 25 squats and three sets of ten bicep curls three days a week.
  • Get up at 5:30 on school days.
  • Pray every day on the way to work.  Sing along with a song of praise after praying.
    I'm meant to post about this every week and do some other tasks, but they go beyond what I feel comfy doing on this blog.  So I'm going to leave it at just this list for a while.  I hope to strengthen myself, my sewing, but the praying part is something I need to work on.  With God's help...He wants us to take care of the temple He's given us, to take care of the Earth, take care of those around Him, and be drawn to Him.  As much as I want those things, I am weak in my determination.  So I'm posting these things for accountability.  I hope you understand.

*I walk at my home, on my treadmill, but I'm looking for ways to move MORE!

10 comments:

ALI said...

What a great idea! Good luck getting them all done. I'm certain you can do it!

I'm going to be doing some massive spring cleaning, so I'm working on my goals right now.

♥ cheryl elisabeth said...

I LOVE your goals. They really made me smile :)
And I love how you included singing a song of praise - what a great way to continue your devotion to God!

Anonymous said...

Hey! welcome to the challenge! Accountability is always a great aspect in achieving goals!

Amy said...

best of luck with your goals! :)

Ellen aka Ellie said...

Ali--I don't need luck, I need perseverance. And, I need to bring sneakers to school!

cherylelisabeth--you're smiling 'cause you can't hear me sing!

kissed--thanks for the welcome.

Amy--thanks for your encouragement, but I need more than luck. I need God and sticktoittiveness. (Now one word!)

Pam C said...

Love the walk a mile part - I wish I did not have knee issues - I really miss walking as part of an exercise plan...

Jess said...

Welcome to the Spring Fever Challenge! I did the winter one and it was so motivational!!!

Anonymous said...

Great goals E! I especially love the ones that include God/singing praises to Him!!

Feel free to keep me in check with this challenge too!

Holly said...

Good luck with all of your goals! I can't wait to hear how you're doing throughout the challenge!

Mary said...

A sewing class sounds fun! I would love to know how to sew - I used to cross-stitch as a kid, but I would love to make my own clothes! ♥ Good luck!