Yes, Yes, I'm linking up here today. I have such fun with this opportunity/hop, it allows me to voice some of the minute shtuff ("shtuff" is an old Mac and Mommy reference) that bounces in my head all week.
Random itching with curiosity shtuff: We have neighbors who are away on their honeymoon, and we've been collecting their packages. Oh boy, do I want to open them! I'd even write their thank you notes for them...if only...
Random ol' TV shtuff: My curiosity about these packages reminds me of Laura Petrie and her raft. Does anyone remember that Dick Van Dyke Show episode?
Random please think about this shtuff: Teaching is simply hard work, and just 'cause you went to school doesn't make you KNOW what it's like to be a teacher. Teachers have been getting bashed a lot. I've been feeling bashed by people I know who don't seem to get when they say bad things about greedy teachers, they are hurting me.
Random as political as I get shtuff: Breaking the circle of poverty should be our focus, not blaming society's ills on teachers. We teachers DEAL with society's ills for eight hours a day in our classrooms. It doesn't get much more real than that.
Random score shtuff: Brad loves the glasses I bought. Yeah, I bought them for my Margaritas; he who has never imbibed likes their heft for iced tea. I see matching green high balls/tumblers in our future. Do the men in your life care about things like glasses?
Random field trip shtuff: My class is going to Feed My Starving Children this week. Check it out @ FMSC.org.
Random aging shtuff: I purposely went to Walgreen's to buy this. This was on the top of my list. Does that make me old? Do my reasons of 1) being organized and 2) keeping my sink counter cleaned off absolve me of oldness? I didn't think so...
Random too young for me shtuff: On the same list was bright coral nail polish. The only shade I could find was Wet N Wild/aka the nail polish 12-year-olds buy. Whoa baby, at .69 a bottle, that's gotta be some long wearing stuff. I'll let you know.
Random I'm not Martha Stewart shutff: I recently stumbled across this freebie, and I like the lines. Any ideas for its use?
Random health shtuff: scores... Slim Fast 5 days, pounds lost 1. Couch to 5K, fourth week, running time without passing out, 5 minutes. I'm feeling okay about both. Thinking the latter is MUCH better for me. (I pretty much just signed on for a 5K on 10/2/11, so I have to keep working, working, working at running, running, running. Eep!)
Random if I were a mommy blogger shtuff: My son is done with his first year of grad school. No photo available, but I'm smiling for him! He's coming home in July, so of course we're planning a party. Now picture a bigger smile on me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






14 comments:
OMG I am drooling over that basket!!!! I would be using it for bathroom towels!
Good job on the pound lost! Also love the basket. Can you put a candle plate & candle in it? I can see it by a fire place...
My friend was getting rid of the basket and asked if I wanted it. I like the lines. Should I paint it? Leave it?
Ali, we don't have that kind of fire place. When the downstairs is done, I'll take pics and post them. Brad's been working down there for over a month now...eep!
My husband hates drinking out of cups (plastic) unless they are the ones from the vitamin store that are meant for mixing protein shakes. Otherwise, yes, he has to have these specific glasses I once bought at Target. Whenever one breaks, he insists we go back and get more. Men!
I think washcloths would be cute in that basket!
Ooh. Cool basket. like the idea of it holding towels. I might also use it as a reusable welcome basket for use in a guest room (it could hold a magazine or two, towels, and a bottled water and a snack?). For me, I might also use it as a 'pet stuff' station (I use a basket in my kitchen right now that holds milton's treats and chewies and any meds he might be on. It keeps it contained in an attractive way).
As far as the husband question, Ryan and I were just laughing about this. Back before we got married, he totally didn't care about that stuff. But after we went through the process of outfitting a home together, now he pays attention to housewares all the time. He'll even be the kind to suggest "Hey, wanna go walk around Ikea?" on a random weekend morning. (I know. I'm so lucky.).
Nick just wants the glasses to feel solid--not delicate. And he loves him some margaritas.
A magazine rack for your freebie?
Couch to FiveK . . . I started this once and stopped not long after that. I've been thinking about starting it again. Eh, we'll see. :)
Happy Tuesday!
Amen, to the thoughts about dealing with society's ills in your classroom. I don't have the kids 8 hours a day, but even in the time I have them you get to know a LOT about what home is like. HOME is what needs fixed in most cases.
Those packages would definitely have my curiosity up, too!
That's too funny you mentioned that episode of Laura Petrie and her raft - hubby was watching that on his computer not too long ago - we were both laughing hysterically! :)
Teachers are so under-appreciated for sure. Good teachers sure make a difference!
I'm a basket case...er, um, I mean basket person...so of course I LOVE that basket! And I'm siding with the other ideas of towels, washcloths or a guest room welcome basket...too cool for words! I wouldn't paint it unless you need it to match a room color specifically. :)
Thanks for rockin' the random with me again! :)
Fun, Rain, DaGeDar and Legendary People - RTT Rebel
i always used to be so curious about packages on television shows until my sister told me they were props and were probably empty. sigh.
good for you for being a difference maker in this world. i heart good teachers. i don't heart dumb bureaucracy.
congrats to mac. i know it was a year of adjusting but look how he's landed on his feet!
i like towels for the basket. or even toilet paper.
leave as is or paint it. it's pretty whichever!
Love all your schtuff! You are a very dedicated woman... I can't do running. I really want to but I just don't have it in me!
I'm about one pill away from needing one of those pill thingies!
That basket is too cute ~ definite bathroom towel holder.
Yay for grad school year 1 down, that totally rocks.
Post a Comment