"Why am I trying to keep this teenage body when I'm not a teenager and everybody knows it?"
--Beverly Johnson (model)
Aiming toward health not skin and bones any more...pointing at my "problem area."
"A thousand times I've failed, but His mercy remains. When I stumble again, I'll be caught in His grace."
9 comments:
You are adorable! Be nice to yourself!
I'm at about 70% health and 30% wanted my teenage bod. It's crazy but I just do and I know it will never happen. I am woman with curves.
Your body looks great so a focus on fitness is a good way to go.
You look great! Focus on being healthy and forget about the rest.
Thanks for sharing this! I really like this quote! It kinda makes me go duh! I am still a "teenager" for one last year! I struggled with anorexia for many years and currently am in year two of recovery. I appreciate these reminders every now and then. I just had a weigh in today, and had gained 15 pounds. I was discouraged, I knew I could be thinner, or prettier, or my "problem" area would disappear. Instead, my doctor high-fived me and said I looked great, my numbers are great and I'm healthy. Ahh. I'll just shut up now. I could go on forever. :)
Thanks for sharing. BTW- You look FANTASTIC! :)
In my early 40s struggled with some eating issues--I went down to 109 pounds out of a sense of "control." I weigh 133 now, and my husband (who wasn't in my life then) tells me I'm beautiful. But still I'd like to see lower numbers on the scale.
I get it, I too could go on forever.
But...I think my epiphany came after coming a Christ Follower and learning he's the only one in control!
I loved the quote in the post, but what I found more impactful was the last paragraph in your comment.
And remember, we are our own worst critic. And muscle, something you didn't probably have as much of when you were "lighter".
I find it amusing (unsettling) that I weigh more now than I did when I was pregnant with my twins by 30 lbs and yet I thought I was fat then. According to the "charts", I'm overweight bordering on obese. I need to get to a healthy place but I want to be at a loving place more.
is the bathroom door your problem area that you're pointing too? Because I see no problems on you lady! LOOKING GREAT!!!!
But that's a great plan & reminder... its about HEALTH! We're probably never going to be happy with our bodies, but these bodies carry us through life - so making them HEALTHY & STRONG is the best thing we can focus on!
I have always lived with a fun house mirror in my head. Always. Comments from brothers about size of my butt probably didn't help!
And no Rebecca Jo, I am not pointing at the door, but you made me laugh out loud! :)
Post a Comment