Saturday, June 11, 2011

Geisha? Hardly.

     This photo is what's "stored" in front of our bedroom window.  Right now, I really should be getting my tutoring stuff more organized.  I have five kiddos to work with this summer (yay!), and I keep finding, copying and bringing home things for us to work on.  I've devoted  hours to planning, though I know you cannot tell from the mess you see here.  And at the moment,  I'm having a hard time getting more excited about getting it all together.
     I went into my closet to get another two books two cut up, hole punch and bind, when I noticed this:
     Please don't ask me why I was looking up at my very top closet shelf at a shoebox when I should have been reaching for the tote bag hanging on the back of my closet door.  Because then I will have to admit I can be the queen of avoidance.  I just was.
      I have three pairs of "real" party shoes.  You know, like couldn't-wear-them-anywhere-but-a-wedding-or-elegant-holiday-party-shoes.  Two pairs are stored way high.  These have been boxed so long, I couldn't remember what they looked like, so since it IS Shoe Style Saturday, and since I neglected to think about this fun little hop all week until I spied this box...I took it down to remember just what was inside.
     Geisha?  Seriously?  These are more Audrey or Katherine, if you ask me, but I do love them:
     My classic black satin pump with rhinestone embellishment.  I think I wore them last for a cousin's wedding six years ago.  Can you see the disturbed dust on the lid?  Nice touch, eh?  For something prettier, than the remnants of ancient civilization (a Pig Pen reference) here's the teensy bit o' bling...
     And since they are Mootsie Tootsies, and since they were bought by me, I am certain they didn't cost a cent over $29.99.  I plan to keep them forever, and perhaps even wear them again one day.  Anyone planning a winter wedding?  Booking your Christmas event?

4 comments:

Daenel T. said...

Who picks the name for shoes? Those are definitely more Kate or Audrey than Geisha. They're very cute. LOL that you found them while prepping for the upcoming tutoring season (I do that too ~ avoid the task at hand). Thanks for joining up.

Bookncoffee said...

Well, I was wondering where you were going with that title. lol I agree. Hardly a Geisha shoe. lol Very cute shoe!

Hope you are having a great weekend.

Mrs4444 said...

Wow! I'm not a shoe hound, but I LOVE those shoes!!

Sam | Away She Went said...

Definitely more Kate or Audrey! At least you've worn them! I have a couple pairs of heels that I've never worn. I thought they were so cute and had to have them...and they've been sitting in my closet ever since!