Saturday, June 4, 2011

Hugs, flowers on the vine, and sandals--variety is my spice!

     You can tell this one is straight out of the camera because it's so blurry!  This is my friend Gail hugging her niece and great-niece right after arriving at her surprise birthday party last Saturday.  The girls, who are about five, were soooo patient waiting for Aunt Gail.  They were so happy to see her, and as soon as the hug was over they yelled, "NOW we can eat!"

      My husband bought this vine for me because it blooms in my favorite color, and this week it bloomed!  Had to make it a two pic SOOC post!


     And now for shoes!  I skipped Dani's hop last week because the weather had been so iffy, I just couldn't get into sandals--yet I was so ready for sandals.  That changed on Monday when we hit the 80s, and I wore these Soda brand shoes with a little Old Navy sundress and tank.  The seed beads don't sparkle much in this pic, and there's some detail on the back that doesn't show--I couldn't get a photo of it without making my ankles look like an elephant's.  Bad enough you can see that I color in the lines with my "Dim Sum Plum" OPI polish...But their flat and girlie and comfy--and THEY'RE SANDALS!!!!  (Finally.)

9 comments:

Mrs4444 said...

Cute tootsies there, my friend! Ah...sandals. the flower--gorgeous color! Sweet, sweet auntie hug photo, too :)

Anonymous said...

I was ahhhhing over a friends sandals this week that look very similar to those! Very cute!

What kind of flower vine is that?

Sorta Southern Single Mom said...

I do love sandals... and a friend of mine just posted pictures on facebook of her toes painted the SAME color... I'll have to look for it the next time I go for a pedi!

Karin said...

That's a gorgeous clematis! Hugs are wonderful - nice photo. Enjoy the sandals!

Rebecca Jo said...

I'm a sandal NUT so I love to always see different styles!

That first picture of that hug... you can see the LOVE on that face... precious!

Thriftanista in the City said...

Your shoes and pedi is perfect for today! Love the color.

Cecily said...

Beautiful shoes, amazing flowers, and if you think you've got big ankles you have GOT to see mine. Except I will never show them to you. But I will copy your nail polish color - it's perfect! :)

In Everything said...

cute sandals;) And beautiful flower:) Visiting from SOOC:)

Daenel T. said...

Yay for surprise birthday parties and LOL at the eating comment.

The flowers are beautiful. Purple is also my favorite color.

Love the sandals. If only we could have sandal weather all the time (then we wouldn't appreciate it, would we). Anyway, very cute sandals...