Tuesday, June 21, 2011

So in the last post...

...I said I didn't "get" twitter (among other things).  Well Mac does, he's been tweeting (he will not share with me his twitter ID), and he's been following people for a while (because he's always been way cooler than me, even when he was little).

Last night, Brad and I headed to the basement as the weather sirens wailed, and we were surfing cable channels looking for information when Brad's phone rang. It was Mac, calling from Baton Rouge--you know the one in Louisiana--to tell us a tornado had been cited at a nearby airport (Aurora) and stuff was "going on" near a local high school (Naperville/Aurora city borders). 

How did he know?  Twitter.  Yep tweets from his Illinois people caused him to call to see if we were safe.

So there you go, I guess you can say I twittered by proxy.  I can also say I still don't get it, but it sure is helpful that my boy does.

(Oh and an add on to yesterday's list?  Jack Nicholson as a sex symbol, not ever.)

7 comments:

Sorta Southern Single Mom said...

Everyone keeps trying to get me on twitter... IDK, maybe if I was still working from home, but I feel like it's just another thing I'd be racing to check on my break when I should be getting work done... I tend to get obsessive about new things! And I agree on Jack!

ALI said...

LOL @ Jack being a sex symbol. And you never can understand what goes on in the mind of a male... :)

That was so sweet of Mac to call & check on you.

And if it makes you feel better, I don't get twitter either...

Stacy said...

I signed up for Twitter last week. I don't understand most of it. I suppose (and hope) understanding will come with time and use.

And Jack? ****shudder****

Tina via email said...

Cool Twitter story! The thought of tweeting for myself sounds sort of repulsive but I like hearing the ways it comes in handy. Yea for Mac and glad he called!
Tina

Anna Whiston-Donaldson said...

I'm w/ you about Twitter, Jack Nicholson, etc! I don't get Farmville.

Beth Zimmerman said...

Jack made me laugh! Amen sister! Amen!

Daenel T. said...

LOL @ Jack Nicholson. Girl, right?

And, yes, I love Twitter for that very reason ~ I found out things much quicker there than I do from the news or anything else. I've been on Twitter for 2 maybe 3 years.