Saturday, August 20, 2011

Aurora Flowers


On Thursday, I posted some of my Louisiana plant pictures, and my flowers became jealous.  So, for the sake of harmony at home, here's a shout out about some favorite annuals and perennials right here on our very own lot.

The top photo is our impatiens.  I'm going to do so much more with these next summer. I love the way they mound.  The geraniums will be wintered.  Can I keep them alive?  (Tune in in a few months to see our basement garden/greenhouse...)


In the backyard we focused on flowers that winter themselves. so to speak.  The coreopsis were thinned and spread, and they're coming back nicely. The phlox (magenta) are new.  They grow taller than we thought, so they may have to be moved.

There's more, but these are the blooms that grab my heart and yell, "Welcome home," when I pull onto my street.

Corny, but so true!

4 comments:

Stacy said...

Very pretty. I can't see phlox without thinking of my Nana. Plox grows wild along most country roads here and I remember digging it up with her to plant in her yard. She had masses of it. :)

Dwija {House Unseen} said...

I love that you have beautiful flowers. Our garden is purely of the vegetable variety right now. Not super fun to look at!

Daenel T. said...

Love flowers but can't have them because the hubs has severe allergies. So I look at other people's gardens and wish...

ALI said...

I want to plant some flowers in our backyard next year. I've finally mastered the art of trimming bushes, so now I feel like I can add them... :)