I talked too fast.
I made the parents laugh though. More than once in each talk.
I came home exhausted and wide awake. Stayed that way. Pretty much all week.
*****
You know what freaks me out? All You Can Eat anything. In this day in age, should such bargains really exist?
Brian Williams, love him, told us chocolate is the red wine of candy. I have been vindicated.
Got this Email coupon from Chili's:
I'm thinking the two drinks for me, half the appetizer, Brad eats a dinner, and we take the rest home. That's a plan, right?
*****
Bill's Bay this weekend, can't wait to ride bikes and hang out pool side.
*****
*****
There are so many things I want to write about school, but even though few people read this blog, it's still too public. I can say, my kids are sweet, but someone is ALWAYS talking. Always. I had my recurring "shut up" dream, in which I get so fed up with my class I start screaming, "SHUT UP! SHUT UP!" and yet they keep talking. And this dream around, I also cried from frustration. Except for the shouting and crying, too much like real life, and yet a nightmare nonetheless.
*****
I love the Dollar Tree.
*****
My student who was hurt in the house explosion came back to school for two mornings this week. A miracle girl.
*****
School's back in session, but it's not fall yet. I have mums planned, but I'm holding onto my impatiens as long as possible...Let's not rush the season, K?
*****
So, in the news locally, the Chicago teacher's union is scoffing at a suggestion their kids and they have a longer school day. I researched how long their day is, and it's 45 minutes shorter than ours, but it looks like their plan time is at the end of the day while ours is in the middle when kids get art/music/PE. So does that mean those kids don't get those specials? I'm confused. They have fewer days of school too.
*****
I like the idea of year round school. I can tell you many of my students didn't pick up a book all summer. Sigh.
*****
My facebook status yesterday: It is rare that I comment publicly on politics, but the thought came to me today about both parties (all parties?) that those in charge are way too worried about keeping their jobs whilst all the while coming across as being completely uncaring about OUR jobs.
*****
Three day weekend, thank you Lord. Three day weekend, and I can really celebrate, 'cause I am labor.




10 comments:
We're half-way into our first 9 weeks already! Come on, Fall Break! My son's school is on a modified year round but the school system I work for isn't. I like his schedule better!
I got the Chili's coupon in the mail, too. I like your idea!!!
We do not start school here in the Philadelphia area until after labor day. That would be Tuesday. Except for my little kindergarten peanut...she starts on the 15th.
Have a safe and happy holiday weekend:)
I think if you only shout Shut Up in a dream, you are doing well. I love the idea of year round school. Don't think miy kids will ever get to experience it though.
What are your school hours? My boys go 7:30-2:30. Annie goes 9-4.
It's amazing that girl is back in school even for a little bit. Praise God and his miracles!
I've always thought year-round school would be good (well, not when I was a kid). Too many parents don't care these days and drop the ball for the whole summer.
It irks me greatly that politicians spend two years out of their 4 campaigning instead of actually doing their jobs.
Enjoy your weekend, it sounds nice.
Some of our elementary schools have year round. It stinks if you have kids in middle school and/or high school because they have different vacations. It would be cool if you could say whatever you want without ramifications but. . . My brother used to live in Cary but moved to Riverside. Have a great weekend on the bike and in the water!
I have often thought about all year school, and how much more beneficial it would be!
School dreams are awesome. I had Google+ dreams this summer.
We're back at it, too--So busy! My new favorite quote is, "If you discipline yourself today, you will have a happier life tomorrow." I practiced it on Saturday (ALL day--got a LOT done) and am very happy.
Have a great week :)
i've never had a shut up dream ... my dreams or more along the lines of PUT THE TOILET SEAT DOWN!
Loved your rambling.... always do..... its like a picture of my own mind....
So happy to read about the little girl. Miracles & answered prayers.
I've often pondered the idea of year around school. I wonder how it would be for J, as he basically will have that with our plan to keep him in the private school & attend their summer program. Since I'm working, I figure it is more constructive than TV time with a babysitter.
But then I worry, I'm pushing him too hard b/c I work. Total mom guilt either way.
Post a Comment