We rode about ten miles along the Fox River, his favorite ride, and it was hard work, physical and beautiful. We stopped at a nursery for a mum plant and found a fall fest happening. Then we came home and went to church, stopped for dinner, and wandered Home Goods.
A lovely date day with the man who has been so good to me always but especially with this rocky (nope, not "rockin'") school year start.
Anyway, I went to join in with Dani's hop late last night, but my camera battery was dead. Oops! So I'm joining in a little late:
So which to choose? I've been remiss in my linking up...
You like the purple sports bra hanging on the closet door? I knew you would! Or the cubby with the eyeglasses? Or the Chico bags tossed in with the shoes? I'm not so organized of late...
Anyway, I chose three pair because I didn't join in last week, and Erin's post made me think of another pair.
Pair one, shoes I keep but never wear because they hurt:
I am a purger. For most items I stick with the rule, "Haven't worn it in a year, donate it!" Still, I've had these for four years, and I've only worn them once--four years ago. That adorable ring in the middle? So stylish, even four years after purchase? It's metal, it digs in, and IT HURTS! Still, I keep thinking I could just glue some felt on the back to pad them...but have I? NOPE! Think it's time to add it to my winter project list!
(BTW, Brad picked these out.)
Erin posted about shopping at Clark's. My friend Brenda swears by Clark's, so I bought these, the most stylish Clark's I could find:
Funnily enough, they hurt my feet after a few hours. I still wear them, but my feet are not happy at day's end. I can't get rid of them, they cost too much. I've had them for four years, too, and I keep thinking, "Maybe with the right socks..."
(BTW, Brad picked these out too.)
These clogs were purchased at Kohl's early last month. They were my only back-to-school purchase. Oh, they seem so comfy and squishy. Leather, sueded leather, and a Mary Jane strap. I'll be wearing them with jeans and with skirts with black tights. My teacher fashion staples...
(BTW, I picked these out, but Brad was with me!) I'd say I can't wait to wear them, but that would be a lie. It has to be much cooler to wear them, I'm still too into my flips to think about shoes AND socks. Other than for this meme of course!



9 comments:
I'm with you - I'll wear socks as long as I can before I put on closed toed shoes for the next six months! You do have quite a selection! Nice organizer! With our move coming up for Nov. I have already purged. I've only got about 6 pair now that are comfortable - and not a one is stylish, lol!
Oh my, I LOVE that shoe organizer!!! My shoes were found at Clark's, but then purchased online...simply because it really is an expensive store!
Thanks for mentioning me :)
Erin, Brad picked the shoe organizers out too. Love them!
oh, I love that last pair of Clarks!!! So cute with skirts and tights...so darling!
I love my Clarks, but then I don't purchase much of anything with a heel any more. Yours are really cute. My shoes end up strewn all over the house. I should have an organizer like yours. :)
How many ways can I like your shoe organizer? My shoes aren't nearly as organized as they were in our old house.
Those shoes with the metal ring are too cute. I know about the keeping even though they hurt shoe thing ~ Brad has good taste.
Thanks for linking up...
I HEART your shoe collection, Ellen! So awesome :)
Love, love, love the bottom shoes...
Kohl's!
Post a Comment