Huh.
Though they may not be a real thing, I'm supposed to rest them and not do more than walk for two weeks. How can they have a treatment plan if they aren't a real thing? They must be real, right?
Plus, there's actually a facebook page for how to treat shin splints. Only one person liked it, so I decided to like it too. Maybe somewhere, someone is going, "Yes, two likes!" Perhaps if you like it, and you tell two friends to like it, and so on, we might get to ten likes by the end of the week...
Makes the pain all seem kind of worth it.
photo from said site with two likes



5 comments:
Eep for the shin splints. I was in the Army. They are very much real.
And LOL at the excitement over 2 Likes. Too funny.
I've had them & they are super painful. I seem to recall stretching to help relieve them. Did you read that?
You are so sweet to put thought into someone else's happiness over "liking" shin splints.
I had them, ignored them, and they promptly turned into stress fractures. I was on crutches, in pain, and couldn't run my Junior year.
The BEST things you can do to prevent and minimize shin splits is to do shin stretching/strengthening exercises and run on soft surfaces (Grass, crushed limestone). Otherwise getting a "shin stick" (Or for us cheapies, a tennis ball or rolling pin), taking ibuprofen for swelling, and rest.
Women are predisposed to getting shin splits, because frankly, the design of our body is not optimized for running. Take care of yourself if you want to keep up running!
They're real.Stretching is what helped me the most. Pain would wake me from a sound sleep. Not a pleasant experience.
Have had them. Not fun. I'm determined not to get them. I'm determined to finish C25K in 9 weeks. I rebuke you, lame enemy Shin Splints!!
Rest well and get back at it!! Feel better soon!
Post a Comment