Tuesday, November 8, 2011

How...

How will you glorify God today?

One year ago last night, my friend Vicki lay dying, and she called for my husband Brad.
She wanted to, again, talk with him about God.
He went over to the hospital,
told her the story of the upper room,
told her that Jesus knew He was facing great pain that next day--
pain like hers--
and at that point, my young friend who had been so reticent to talk about God,
angry even if people mentioned Him or prayer,
accepted Jesus and let her family know she knew
Heaven was next for her.

God used Brad in an amazing way to glorify Him.

The rest of us are not given such chances often,
but we can save lives through the little things we do.

So what's something "little" you can do or did  today to Glorify Him?

Because in reality,
none of it is little.

God is so, so Big.


6 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

Oh wow... the story of your friend accepting Jesus... brought tears to my eyes.

Yes - he is SO big... & so worthy of all our praise!!!

Stacy said...

It's a little thing, but there is a young boy that rides my bus. He has a LOT of issues and no diagnosis as of yet so none of us know what we are dealing with. Every morning I see the scowling face of the father that puts him on the bus. Every afternoon I see the scowling face of the teacher that brings him to the bus and the scowling face of the mother who yanks him off the bus.

He is a problem on the bus. He doesn't have the control to stay in his seat. He may be standing on it or crawling under it, but he's not sitting in it. He wants to make friends. He has no social skills. So, he yells at the other kids repeating things he's heard them say or hits them to make contact. It's a distraction for me, to say the least. He really needs to be on a special bus and have an aide. I have to write him up everytime he misbehaves to help the school document the problem. It's frustrating. Many days my nerves are frazzled.

He is supposed to be suspended from the bus for 8 days, but when I pulled up this morning...there he was. Waiting. With a big smile and a "Good morning, Stacy!"

I decided right then that I may have a job to do. I might have to call out his name 100 times and day, correct his behavior, and write him up so the school can try to get him the help he needs....but I will NOT be another scowling face in his day. I've asked God to give me whatever I need to give this child patience and love.

Pam C said...

I really love this post - I will do my best to glorify His name today in some way - nothing is too small, right?

Anonymous said...

Loving people well. That means EVERYONE I encounter. That means putting others before myself, something I don't always do well.
So thankful for Brad's willingness to be available for Vicki. Remembering her victory dance. God is good.

Karin said...

Very deeply touching story! Enjoyed catching up on your recent posts! God bless!

ALI said...

Great post! He truly is amazing and so awesome. We are all so blessed!