Friday, November 11, 2011

Little Parts of Me

Unlike many schools, today we were in session.  A few years ago, our then superintendent thought we should have school so the kids could learn about the day instead of being off and having them out shopping.

Today we had an assembly, and it was so well done.  And my husband, former Army Chaplain Major Seaman came to be a part of it.  I was wearing red, white and blue, but he showed up with a camo shirt for me.  Putting it on made me feel like we were going steady.  Standing next to him as his wife in front of hundreds of people touched my heart.

~~~~~~~~~~

Last week I said I was going to make a wreath and I did.  If you missed Monday's post, check it out.  But if you're not up to that, here's a repeat of how it turned out without all the confessing of messing:
~~~~~~~~~~
I have a little girl who cried about sitting next to a particular student because he did gross things.  I only saw him biting his nails, but she was right with him, so I contrived of a way to move her seat.  Today I saw him eating his boogers.  So it turns out she was right.  In 14 years of teaching, this was a first. I mean, I keep a box of tissues on each table so this doesn't happen.

You'll be happy to know there is no photo available.
~~~~~~~~~~
When I pulled into the garage just now, I realized I forgot my purse.  Brought home my lunch bag, two tote bags full o' stuff, a paper cutter.  No purse.  I would like a drink with dinner.  Hoping my 51 year old tired face looks well past 21, you know?

No photo available of purse, because it's AT SCHOOL!
~~~~~~~~~~
That's all.
Really, I'm spent.
Go read some always more interesting little bits there.

8 comments:

Thriftanista in the City said...

You didn't go back for your purse? My bag is apart of me. It's like n appendage. :)

Daenel T. said...

Thank you, Maj. seaman!

Today I drove back to my church for my coffee mug. Everyone laughed at me. I need my mug.

Daenel T. said...

And I know I capitalized the "S"!

Maria (also Bia) said...

wreath looks great ... christmas decorating done yet?

and really, kids can be so gross sometimes.

cute photo of you and your "boyrfriend" ;-)

Mary said...

Kids eating boogers is just about the grossest thing! I keep sanitizer on my table within arms reach!
so...did you get that drink or did they insist on seeing your id?
Great picture of you & your hubby! Thank him for his service!
We were in school Friday, too...We used to get out that day, but it wasn't put on the calendar this year.

Claudya Martinez said...

The picture of you and hubby touched my heart. Very sweet.

Mrs4444 said...

This was a truly exhausting week for me, too; I really felt beat up by a particular student (who stated to a counselor that she would like to choke me to death). I guess I should work on being nicer, huh?

At least you get out of picking up the check! :)

How nice, that your hubs got to contribute to the day's remembrance. Sweet photo.

Hope you have a relaxing rest-of-your weekend. Thanks for linking up!

Sam | Away She Went said...

Such a good picture of you two! We don't get the day off work either. But they have a big celebration for all of us since a lot of employees here are veterans.