Gotta purge, or all this is going to be on my mind and distract me from my daily duties:
My son, a grad student in LA (as in Louisiana not Los Angeles) said "reckon" the other day. Yep, they've got him.
My son, a grad student in LA (as in Louisiana not Los Angeles) said "reckon" the other day. Yep, they've got him.
Do you think vegans eat off bone china?
I like when LSU wins, it gives me an excuse to wear jeans and a T shirt to school. Purple and gold today people (hidden by a big ol' sweater.)
Don't be jealous, I crawl around on the floor a lot in my job (reading group's on the carpet). Jeans make more sense than a dress.
Pajama day at school on Wednesday. DO be jealous. It's a student council thing, and since I'm the faculty leader for the council I plan these days with the kids. This one makes me VERY popular with (most of) the teachers.
Brad says there were some teachers he wished he could have seen in their jammies back in the day.
My holiday nail color of choice is always (for 15 years now) "I'm Not Really a Waitress" by OPI. It's a festive red. I wonder what "I'm Not Really a Teacher" would look like? (I'm thinking overhead marker green with a touch of black dry erase, you now like a weird kind of French mani.)
This year is sooo stressful, finding time to paint my nails is a challenge. I sometimes have gray roots and cuticle roots. When I find time to push my cuticles back, I find my nail are suddenly an eighth inch longer.
I wrote about Kermit some time in 2011, and since people are all aflutter about the Muppets, I'm getting a lot more hits. They're fleeting hits, but hey, maybe someone will stay. Maybe.
I am stunned by the clothing that's out there for girls. You know, young girls. Toddlers & Tiaras doesn't haven't to be your daughter's reality people. No need to dress your daughter like a skank.
Why rush the teen years? Lately I've been hearing and reading moms who say, "Oh my daughter is acting like a teenager!" Don't brag about it, thwart it! She's 8 for Pete's sake, get her a Beverly Cleary book. Buy her some Keds. Take away the shirt that reads, "Diva."
A week off from school, one trip to the library, but no books read for fun. I'm a loser.
Science starts this week. I took a nine week unit and shrunk it to five. I swear, the kids love science, but it's a pain in the tookus to plan, prep and teach. Gotta remember the love, but there's thin line between love and...
I hit the snooze 5 times this morning. Not because I was tired, but because the air outside of my bed was so cold. Winter wuss.
I wrote about Kermit some time in 2011, and since people are all aflutter about the Muppets, I'm getting a lot more hits. They're fleeting hits, but hey, maybe someone will stay. Maybe.
I am stunned by the clothing that's out there for girls. You know, young girls. Toddlers & Tiaras doesn't haven't to be your daughter's reality people. No need to dress your daughter like a skank.
Why rush the teen years? Lately I've been hearing and reading moms who say, "Oh my daughter is acting like a teenager!" Don't brag about it, thwart it! She's 8 for Pete's sake, get her a Beverly Cleary book. Buy her some Keds. Take away the shirt that reads, "Diva."
A week off from school, one trip to the library, but no books read for fun. I'm a loser.
Science starts this week. I took a nine week unit and shrunk it to five. I swear, the kids love science, but it's a pain in the tookus to plan, prep and teach. Gotta remember the love, but there's thin line between love and...
I hit the snooze 5 times this morning. Not because I was tired, but because the air outside of my bed was so cold. Winter wuss.


5 comments:
I love "I'm Not Really a Waitress" though only if I get a manicure. It's such a bright color and I'm such a sloppy painter that it looks awful if I do it myself. :(
There was something else I was going to comment on, but I'm having one of those middle-aged brain farts.
Oh well, Happy Monday!
It was snowing by us this morning. I'm not ready yet.
I loved "I'm Not Really a Waitress" back in the day, now I feel to old for reds. I'm happier with my plums.
Totally agree on the kid comment & dress. And the amount of time I spent with time-outs over the week, I think I'm on the right track for raising a healthy well adjusted man...
I hope my future DIL will thank me one day & not resent the person I've helped create.
This post made me snicker.
LOL at reckon ~ duuuude....
And *fist bump* on the whole dress your kid like a kid. I hate seeing moms shopping with their Tweens in VS. I mean, seriously people, who are they dressing for?
Amen to dressing your daughters like a pole dancer. Seriously, I remember passing the 6x stage and all of a sudden, the next size was "junior protitute." We had a Talbott's Kids store and I had to pay top dollar to dress fashionably, yet modestly. It's been a struggle ever since.
As a youth leader, it's been important to teach our middle school girls how important it is not to cause their brothers to stumble. Once I mentioned that the older men struggle with their dress too, it completely grossed them out. But it did help them think twice before dressing like a ho at church.
I *LOVE* I'm not really a waitress. I used to get it all the time when I had acrylic nails.
My nails now? There's not enough there to put polish on. I'm a horrendous 40-year-old nail biter.
Post a Comment