Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Question of the Week

When do you take your Christmas decorations down?

14 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

It comes donw New Years Day... I just always knew I would be off work then so its tradition :) ... & then sad at how bare the house looks

Janie B said...

As soon as possible! I put them up right after (or on) Thanksgiving and am sick of them by Christmas. Mine came down on the 26th this year, but I have taken them down on Christmas day before. I love the clean simplicity when it's all gone. I'm loving my house today.

lisa :) said...

Sometime before the Super Bowl...

Keetha Broyles said...

Mine don't come down until I absolutelm down. I love them and enjoy them.

This year I have decided that Christmas season is going to at AT LEAST last until January 9, the night of the last BCS bowl game when Alabama will try to beat LSU and make up for their one loss in the regular season.

Getting them down by Valentine's day is optional - - - -

Sam | Away She Went said...

I usually leave them up until New Years, but this year I'm over it. I think they are coming down tomorrow.

Connie said...

We're never 100% sure.

On the one hand, it's sort of sad to put the decor away before Epiphany (Since then, none of those little wise men EVER make it to where they are going)... but at the same time, with a four day weekend coming up, it really would be a lovely time to get it all gently packed and cleaned up.

The thing is, our house looks fabulous all gussied up for Christmas. She looks glum without it. I'm always a little sad to pack it all away.

Carolyn Leech said...

I took most of them down yesterday. I still have little tree on the top of our piano. We had three dogs at Christmas so we needed to have the decorations where the dogs would not get in trouble. The little tree will go back into storage as I return to work on January 3rd. BTW I am teaching yoga on Saturday, Dec 31st at 8am at USY and you are welcome if it fits your schedule.

Stacy said...

Hoping to take ours down New Years Day when I will have some help.

Maria (also Bia) said...

for us, christmas season is not over until jan. 6, feast of the epiphany.

purejoy said...

I do not like dismantling Christmas. I love how the house looks all sparkly, and it's hard to see that go away.
Since we're leaving for a week on Dec 31, I need to get it at least all in one area so I can tackle it when I get back. With work and everything, I just can't manage it all and pack and say good bye to the daughter and make it all happen in time.
So big breath… it's not going anywhere, and it'll get put up when it gets put up.

Jane said...

Normally it comes down on New Years, but this year the tree went up so late and I am just loving the look of it. I'll probably take it down the weekend of the 8th. Session starts on the 9th and I won't have time to deal with it then.

Claudya Martinez said...

I took them down already, but usually I leave them until the New Year.

ALI said...

Day after Christmas now that we have J. When he is older? We'll see...

Anonymous said...

I tried commenting when you posted this but I was on an Ipad and it wouldn't...anyway...

I wait till January 1 to dismantle everything...this year it will probably be January 2...as daughter heads back to NYC early in the AM on January 2 so I will be up needing something to do!

Happy New Year!