Friday, March 16, 2012

Friday Fragements with Bullets No Less

Oh, it's been too long.  Fridays always catch me by surprise.

But this week, I'm on it.  Just watch me fragment. Thanks for the opportunity Mrs. 4444, I'm taking you up on it this week.
  • Don't you just love making up verbs?
  • Pinterest is making me sad. There are some people pinning whom seem to want so much more than they have.  I wonder at that.  Do they see the blessings around them?
  • Last time I wrote about Pinterest, a reader sent me a link to a woman who has over 50,000 pins.  Yikes!  Fifty thousand.  I hope to keep mine under 400. 
  • The photo above is of my skin firming cream and my curly hair cream.  Um, guess how many times I've squeezed out a big dollop of one when I want the other?
  • I thought having a student teacher would mean less work. It does not.  Don't get me wrong, she's great, but now that I'm out of the classroom, I have too much to do.  I'm completely discombobulated.  
  • I love that discombobulated is a real word.
  • Our church is teaching a 16 week "Revelation" series.  Is it wrong to admit I was mentally done about four weeks ago?  Am I the only one who thinks it's good to read it, but what's going to happen is going to happen however we work to interpret it?
  • These twice annual time changes are dumb.  
  • I fell off my healthy diet a bit over the past few days.  When I bake, I nibble.  I nibbled too much.  How is it I don't crave sweet stuff, but when it's right in front of me, I give in to temptation?
  • I really haven't started my spring cleaning yet, I like to purge. This spring's slogan, "Pretend I'm Moving, Would I Move This?"  Hello Goodwill drop off lanes.
  • Where I have been purging?  Pins, facebook friends, and facebook "likes."  I just get so easily overwhelmed by large numbers. I don't think anyone will notice, but if someone does, it's not personal. It's not you, it's me.
  • Yesterday I had to stay home from school due to hurting my back when exercising.  My husband's SUV broke down later in the day.  To say it wasn't a fun day is an understatement.  To say we are still able to count our blessings if not the money in the bank is a blessing itself. 
  • Up early to deliver treats to school, write sub plans, and then I'm off to a tech meeting.  Nothing funnier than me at a tech meeting.  Zealots, knowledgeable ones, and me the tech doofus.
  • I hate that doofus is not a real word.  Spell check would rather I use "doffs."

8 comments:

Connie S. said...

Ryan and I don't really obsess about Revelation either. We've read it, we've taught it pretty extensively (For some reason high schoolers are wild about that book...) He and I are both of the mindset of "Meh-We know where we're going, and we're doing our darndest to get as many people coming with us as possible, so what happens at the end happens."

I like your spring cleaning mantra. For us, Ryan's graduating this May, and we're going to have lots of family and folks around (many of whom have never seen our home), so that keeps us motivated to finish some longstanding projects we've been lazy about.

Good luck with your to-do list! Enjoy the sun!

Tracy said...

How can doofus not be a real word? That just seems wrong.

I make up words all the time. My favorite is gunkified. That means that you are really gunky and need to cough it out.

Rebecca Jo said...

I pin things not because I dont know I'm blessed... I just want to be prepared when I win the lottery :)

Wayne W Smith said...

I have not been able to get into Pintrest. Not my thing but to each their own.

Sam | Away She Went said...

50,000 pins would give me hives! I go through my boards once in a while and delete pins - especially recipes I've tried and don't like! Why keep them pinned?!

If you moved to Arizona you wouldn't have to worry about the time change!

I emptied my pantry last night, so I can paint it this weekend. Let's just say a lot of the stuff I pulled out will not make it back in. I see a Goodwill drop off in my near future.

Sorta Southern Single Mom said...

I love discombobulated and doofus is totally a really word, whoever invented spell check is a doofus for not knowing this!

Great fragments!

I need to start spring cleaning as well... I'm feeling restless... have to start the garden too! Was waiting for my dad to come, but I need to do it myself now, BEFORE he gets here so it's not the elephant in the yard!

nancygrayce said...

I agree about Revelation......I believe everything the Bible teaches....and I know who is in control.....and it's not me!

:)

I wish I could get into spring cleaning....oh, how I do, but it just overwhelms me and so I do a little and stop!

I don't know who told you doofus isn't a word, but I think it is! :)

Unknown said...

I don't obsess about Revelation but do enjoy studying it.
doofus is not a real word? :)Goes to show what I know. lol