Monday, March 19, 2012

Makes My Monday

This weekend was nearly perfect. The weather had a lot to do with it, there is no denying that.  But it was good in other ways too.  It was full of simple pleasures.

On Saturday, Brad and I took our first bike ride of the season, we stopped for lunch, and then we rode through the neighborhoods for well over an hour. 

After we returned home, we got in the truck and ran errands.  I bought a hula hoop--not weighted, I'm going to start slow and whittle my waist.  I'm intrigued by the weighted hoop workouts, but I have to learn more about them. 
Girlie, eh?  
We went to TJ Maxx to buy a glass pitcher, Brad has broken our iced tea pitcher, but instead I bought some unmentionables (CK on clearance!), exercise bands, and Brad made me buy a sweater.  Does your husband hate shopping?  Mine DOES NOT, and I have to beg him to leave the store.  He would have grabbed a cart and loaded it with spring items for me.  Alas, not in the budget.
I did buy a cool new reusable shopping bag.  That's all that's getting shared.

We stopped in at Michael's, and Brad selected little Easter gifts for many of his grandkids. He's a thoughtful grampa.

Dinner that night was Pinterest inspired--a no carb cheese and spinach egg casserole.  So good, and I made it all myself--I don't cook much, so this was a little victory.  (It made a great breakfast on Sunday too.)
Then we went to our friends' house for a backyard bonfire, good conversation, and a Mike's margarita--or two.  It's March people, and a hoodie kept me warm for hours!

What a delight filled day.  Brad is my very best friend, time like these are to be treasured.

Sunday Brad had to show houses, so I picked up our yard a bit, clipped some dead plants, and made some signs...


The grounds crew tends to pull things that aren't builder approved, so these signs went out last fall and again this spring to protect our perennials. I write them in English and in Spanish, just in case.  This sign, protecting our sedum, made it through the winter, too!

Speaking of perennials, I forgot I planted some iris last summer, and my pansies didn't totally die off due to the mild winter.  Tender surprises waiting to bloom.  (I'm quite the forgetful gardener.)

I spent some time reading on our little patio.  Savoring this bit of summer in March.
Lastly, keeping myself accountable, I checked in with my Pennsylvania partner.  I exercised beyond the bike ride, and I've decided to put a dollar in a jar each time I work toward my goals.  Not sure what we'll spend it on, but I'm hoping to do this for a few months.  June 1st is my date for my first goal--when I make it, I'll share it, but not before then.

Forgive the diary like post, I wanted to document some things that bring me happiness.

6 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

I'm totally starting the Jar thing tonight with my run! Just will be fun to save up for a good reason :)

That spinach egg casserole looks FANTASTIC!!!!

I am so hula-hoop rejected! I CANT DO IT for the life of me. The kids in the youth were trying to show me how to do it? Nope - no advice helped.

Stacy said...

I like that jar idea, Partner. I think it's going to make an appearance at my house, too.

Will there be video of you and the hula-hoop? ;)

By the way, raining this morning but it will be nice later so walking then. Doing good with the diet today. :)

Ellen aka Ellie said...

Let's all post pictures of our jars! But nope, no hula hoop video!

Sorta Southern Single Mom said...

Diary like posts are fun. WE had a good weekend here too... had friends over for corned beef and cabbage Saturday and then went to Sunday Dinner to watch some of the NCAA tournament on Sunday. WE ix-nayed the bonfire Saturday night...too many toddlers, but it was a perfect night for it!

Beth Zimmerman said...

Recipe sounds divine! Link please?

Neither of us like shopping much but hubby may like it more than I do. Online and with a credit card though ... I can do some damage!

momto8 said...

lucky you..and good for you too! sounds like a fun and productive weekend!