Saturday, March 3, 2012

Name Change

     When I started this blog my hope was to write often about my relationship with God.  I remember wanting to start a blog, not knowing what to name it, standing in church one Sunday and hearing a Hillsong United lyric that captured my relationship with Him.  "The art of losing myself in giving You praise."
     That was it!  My, then, new blog became, The Art of Losing Myself.
     Only I don't know that I'm very deep because this blog, while I have written about God, is about a lot of stuff.  I fight from making it a diary, but it's been that too.  Then a while back, a missionary I know commented, "Can you really lose yourself when you have "my" in the title?  In essence, right there, it's all about you."
      He made me think.  Months later, maybe even years later, not until last month, I was sitting here blocked and decided to change the title.  Let's face it, this blog is all about me.  I'm not ashamed, just being honest.
     So, Daughter--to Him, Wife--to Brad, Mom--to a grown son, and Teacher--truly what consume most of my energy but what I may write least about.  It's who I am, it's my life.  A boring, non-lyrical title for the things I love and the things that consume me.
     Thanks for reading.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was confused when you changed the name...lol... I go thru the same thing with blogging...I am still in the process of changing some things...hopefully soon it will be all together!

Happy Saturday

Stacy said...

I was wondering...

And please, stop being so tough on yourself when it comes to your blog. It is a good blog. The people who come here are blessed by it. That's all that matters.

Jessica M. said...

I like your new name. I've actually been considering changing my blog name as well, but I'm not sure what to change it to.

Beth Zimmerman said...

I like it and I think it suits you! Although it did confuse me a bit when it first showed up in my reader!

Cris said...

So understandable that you want your site name to reflect YOU, and all that you are...thoughts, desires, fears, triumphs...so picking just the "right one" is not the easiest of tasks. I think what you have now is wonderful. The four corners of your world.
Looking forward to more of your writings. ;-)

Ellen aka Ellie said...

Thanks all!

Pam C said...

I love your new name and I love what it stands for!

ALI said...

I'm glad I had time to catch this today, as I was also confused. I love the thinking that drove this change!