I sit here on this Saturday morning with a doable to do list (it is still April after all), and my husband sleeps after a late work night, so I need to be quiet. The perfect time to blog!
Add to that, Dani posted her Shoe Style Saturday nice and early which gives me a chance to connect to her...
Mac graduates with a Masters in Library and Information Science from LSU in a few weeks. We are going. Our budget is beyond tight, but Mac wants us both there and Brad thinks it is essential we go. This is the first time Mac has expressed his hope we do something extravagant for him, so I had to comply. He grew up with a single mom who happened to be a teacher, so he was always conservative. What a blessing that young man has been to me!
The good thing about going to Louisiana in May is that it
I plan to wear this dress...
with these five-year-old Steve Madden Mary Janes...
But what purse? I couldn't find one last year when I wore the dress to a wedding shower. I have been looking for a while in stores, but any blue was too matchy-matchy or just wrong, and any red was too much red. Last night, Brad was on the MLS looking for houses for a client, and I sat here keeping him company and looking on-line. Finally Etsy occurred to me, and I found this within two minutes:
Summery, navy but not matchy-matchy, and an anchor for my married name (Seaman). Perfect for a hot day in May! Tori's clutches are all striking, but this one seemed just right!
I'll be a little bummed if unseasonably cool comes to town when we're there to celebrate!
And I will say, I am simply thankful to start a quiet Saturday with this totally fluffy post. It's been a shockingly weird and draining week, and "lite" is what I needed. Thank you God for simple pleasures!
![]() | |
| Shoe Style Saturday |




12 comments:
Bring a little white shrug and you will be set for any weather. Love the dress.
My mom isn't coming to my graduation, it isn't an issue of money, she just doesn't seem it to be an important moment in my life. When she expressed this it broke my heart. As a graduate I know how much it must mean to Mac to have you share with him such an important day, in a beautiful dress! I love the polka dots and the stripe/polka dot mix! The little added anchor is a fun little touch as well :). Enjoy your time celebrating and congratulations to Mac!
I'm so very happy for Mac and excited for you and Brad.
The dress is lovely, kinda retro, I think, which I love. The red shoes are an unexpected and fun pop of color. Cute clutch.
I needed lite and fluffy today too, i attended my second funeral in two weeks was today. I've had enough now.
Love the purse (!) and Jane beat me to the suggestion to take a white sweater or something of the kind.
I'm so glad Mac is such a blessing to you. It makes up for "other" stuff. Good for you and him that you are going to his graduation. It will mean a lot to him to have you there.
By the way, my mom's degree was library science. Nice choice. :)
I like the shoes, though I've never been able to wear a heel. Too klutzy! It would be a suicide mission! LOVE the dress and purse! You will rock the graduation celebration!
The shrug is a given--it's meant to be 90 there, but the AC makes any indoor spot about 60.
Erin, when Mac went to LSU I cautioned him we might not be able to come to graduation. I truly didn't consider it, but Brad said it was a given, and turns out it's important to Mac.
Dani, thank you!
Mac is a huge blessing, I need to solely focus on that.
Beth, I don't know if I'm graceful in heels, but I love them and will wear them as long as I can. Brad picked these out when we were dating.
Love you all--YOU are the LIGHT I need!
Well, aren't you the stylish one! :-) Those Mary Janes are gorgeous, no matter how old they are. Can't wait to see the graduation pics.
I'm so glad you're going! What a wonderful thing to see your son graduate from college! What a blessing!
I love the dress and shoes and purse and I wouldn't worry too much about it getting cool in Louisiana! They have similar weather to us here in the panhandle of Florida and it's hot!
Congratulations on raising a great boy and have a wonderful time!
You will look FAB! I love the red shoes and 'unseasonably cool'? Get a little shrug to go over top!
Hmmm. this name change must have booted you from my reader.
Love the outfit. The red shoes are a nice touch.
the shoes totally make the outfit ... just lovely!
Arent' you the fashion plate! Adorable dress, snappy shoes and a perfect clutch. Hope you had an awesome time!
Post a Comment