Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Best Bubbles Ever!

Today was the last day of school.  We spent the first hour and twenty minutes packing up the room, moving books, stamping books, cleaning, and I had two kids mix up three "batches" of bubbles.

The recipe I used:
     1/2 cup of light corn syrup
     1 cup Dawn dish was detergent
     1 1/2 quarts water

My niece came and picked up some supplies, we walked the mile or so to the picnic area along the Fox River, I opened up the buckle, portioned out the liquid and...it was a hit!  The kids used it (all up) for over two hours.  They rotated out a bit by class, but a few of my kiddos stayed pretty much the entire time!

(This is one of the times I wish I had a better camera and knew how to use it...)

Enjoy!









 Yes that's me in the penguin shirt...

The kids thanked me over and over, it was pretty sweet.  What a wonderful way to end this school year!

7 comments:

Beth Zimmerman said...

Sounds like a fabulous way to end the school year and the photos are great!

Sorta Southern Single Mom said...

I'm so storing this knowledge away for next year!

Stacy said...

At their 30-year reunion they'll be saying, "Remember that time we hiked to the park with Mrs. S and blew those amazing bubbles?"

Sweet way to end the year. :)

Rebecca Jo said...

Nothing like ending a year with bubbles!!! FUN!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness- how sweet!!! What a fun memory these kids will treasure for years!! :D

ALI said...

Thank you so much for sharing the recipe, I thought it was only Dawn & water!

J is going to LOVE doing this... I have to stop by the $1 store.

Mrs4444 said...

Love it! I'm glad the kids were appreciative, though their smiles say it all :)