The first change was texting. I had never done it before, but so many friends were so glad I was now willing to try it. I was against it, but now I'm all for it. I still try to use capital letters and correct punctuation. You won't ever get a "ur" out of me.
Of course, I have email and Facebook on my phone, but I also added some apps. Michael's coupons? Done. A bible app? Installed. It is funny to be in service and to hold my phone in my hand to pray over His Word, but it's what we do. And I find myself in scripture more in church than ever before because it's right there. I love that.
But the two apps I seem to use the most are my GPS app (MotionX GPS with added voice directions) and my weather radio app. The GPS has saved me directionally many times, but the weather radio app just may save my life.
Brad and I were discussing purchasing a weather radio earlier this year. After a fierce spring storm season we felt we'd dodged a bullet living obliviously for too long. On the way home one day, the afternoon radio personality on WBGL suggested a weather radio app. I had never thought of that. So in time, I downloaded iMap With it, I can track storms on radar. I can set up to five locations to receive weather alerts and warnings. And, this is a blessing, if the phone is off, the emergency alerts turn it on. There is no missing a severe weather warning. "Current Location" is always set, so it's great for traveling.
A side note, while using your bible app in church on a stormy Sunday, be ready for your weather app to go off! There's not much you can do about that. :)
Obviously the question for this week is: What's your go to or most valuable app?



6 comments:
Welcome to 2012! It's nice here, huh? I still have my old 3G iPhone for the time being. Soon I shall have the new one. Soon. So favorite apps? I have a lot so remember, you asked. I use the Redbox app at least twice a week to rent movies. I use Instagram every single day for pictures. I use the Pinterest app if I'm in line somewhere. I do all my banking with an app now. I use the Hootsuite app because heaven forbid I be away from twitter for even an hour. I can read all my favorite blogs from the bloglovin app. And I use Evernote all the time because it's syncs in 3 places at once (home computer, online & phone app)- I do a lot of blogging on this app. I have a ton more but I have to go rescue the toddler from the stairs now.
Wow!
There aren't enough Red Boxes near us to use an app, sad to say. I do use Pinterest, but it's so unreliable. I use Instagram when I remember I have it. The others I haven't heard of, and I just may pretend I still haven't...
Hmmm. I have so many. I love Hootsuite because it allows me to monitor my Petro's tweets without having to log out personally and then log back in business.
I'm a big fan of myfitnesspal, too. Tracks exercise and food for a daily check on how you're fitting each day in a weight loss plan.
I need that weather app!!!
I'm still new to the smart phone thing myself but love my Bible App - & the GPS navigation that we've used & FOURSQUARE has helped us out finding things close by. Though I'll only add close friends to FOURSQUARE - I dont want everyone knowing where I'm at.
I also got a Battery Saver App that closes things on your phone that you dont even realize you have open - keeping your battery going longer.
Of course, Instagram is a fav too & all sorts of games - I love having something to play when I'm sitting in traffic or waiting on someone.
I'm always trying to find good apps too so if there's something you find that you cant live without - pass it on!!!
I like Swackett. It's a cute weather ap that shows you what kind of clothes to wear for the day.
Of course I can't go without words with friends now. I'm hooked.
I consolidated my iPod with my phone when I went to the iPhone. I use it all the time. I love the weather radar app as well.
Too funny on the weather alert during service though. I'd totally cringe.
Post a Comment