Sunday, July 15, 2012

Listicles is a Real Word

It is.

I know this because I googled it, and it's explained well before the link to The Good life by Stasha where this list is linked.  Who knew?

This week's topic for Stasha's Monday Listicles is thanks.  I need to sit here to ruminate on this because I'm thankful (that one doesn't count) Stasha provided something that's important for me to do--I've been ornery this weekend, not at all thankful, and that's not a good thing.

So...

10 Thanks

1.  Thanks for Mac making the trip from LA, not L.A., all the way to IL in his rental truck.  Safe travels indeed.
2.  Thanks for a washer that continued to work through some wild LA inspired loads of laundry.  (I'm not done, wish that could be one of these 10 thanks!)  Don't let your mind wander, it's a mix of college apartment and funky rental truck.  Uck.
3.   Thanks to my son and husband for making dinner while I was engrossed in said laundry.
4.   Thanks offered up for my library card and all the good books it's allowed me to check out this summer.
5.  Thanks to Mike's Hard Cranberry or was it Black Cherry?  I'm not a liquor snob.
6. Thanks to the M & M folks for coming up with dark chocolate raspberry M & M's.
7. Thanks to Michael's for offering a coupon for 25% off everything the week I'm having a craft party.  (There's an oxymoron of sorts...)
8.  Thanks to TJ Maxx for selling dresses that I can afford and that make my husband call me "Legs."
9.  Thanks for visits to Farmers Markets.
10.  Thanks for the promise of a new week and expectation...

Simple pleasures!

17 comments:

Alessandra said...

I love TJ Maxx and Farmers Markets, oh and Ross too. :)

Ellen aka Ellie said...

They just opened a Ross here yesterday. They are new to Illinois. I am trying to stay away...

Robbie K said...

are dark chocolate raspberry m&ms as fantastic as they sound?

Bridget said...

You had me at Mike's Hard Cherry...

Stasha said...

Simple pleasures indeed. Love this. Laundry is always easier when followed by Mike's and compliments by husband :)

Ducky said...

Wha?! Dark chocolate raspberry M&M's? How have I missed those???? I saw that and sort of lost all focus. Sigh....

The Bonny Bard said...

Really, you should have mentioned dark chocolate raspberry m&m's at the end of the post! Now I can add one more thing to miss about home!

Wayne W Smith said...

I too love dark chocolate raspberry M & M's. Yum!

Jamie Miles said...

The promise of a new week. That's what I thought when I awoke this morning after doing my list last night. Thanks that I woke up. Another day to hopefully do a little bit of good in the world. Hope your week is grand.

Unknown said...

I am definitely thankful for my library card.

Sisterhood of the Sensible Moms said...

Wait! There is Mike's Hard Cherry? Monday Listicles makes you smarter!

And all hail the library card!

Ellen

Unknown said...

Mmmmm, dark chocolate raspberry M&M's. That sounds divine. I need them. Now.

Jen said...

Ok, I am an M&M freak, and I've never heard of those...I'll have to check them out.
Love visits to the library and Farmer's Markets as well :)

Unknown said...

Love Michaels! Also, thank goodness for working washer & dryers!

Jackie said...

My library card is one of my most treasured possessions! I'm glad to hear yours is too. Yum, chocolate raspberry m&m's!

AudreyN said...

Ah a working washer! And mike's hard cherry! Yum!

@dkotucker said...

Must have been something in the air as I have to admit I was somewhat cranky and ornery this past week too. Feeling much better after my girls weekend away. :)