Monday, July 2, 2012

My First Listicles

I'm linking up at The good life this afternoon for Monday Listicles.  Better late in the day than Tuesday...  (AKA never)

1.  Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 23, and find line 4.  What is it?

Hm, it's a fragment, actually two. So, I'll pick one, "New York demanded everything a person could give, and she'd already given all she had."  Oh, so corny! But the book was a sweet summer read, Five Miles South of Peculiar.

2.  How many times do you say hi?

During the school year 75-100 times a day, in the summer not as much.  But I'm weird, I say hi to my house when I pull up.  I say hi to my husband if I haven't seen him for a while--even when we've just been in different rooms.

3.  Have you ever worn a uniform?

First grade--Catholic school, Bluebirds (the Brownies of the Campfire Girls) and Campfire girls (hello, we sold good chocolates, not just cookies), gym class all through middle and high school, and my first year teaching until I realized I didn't have to wearing dorky clothing with cartoons on it to get kids' attention.  (That's only sort of a joke.)
 Bluebird uniforn
4.  What do you think about the most?

Work/teaching/school.  Stress dreams will prove that.  My reading list will prove that.  Checking my work email will prove that.  My Pinterest boards will prove that--the one I add to most is "Fourth Grade Rocks."  Summers off, never really.

Now if you had asked "who" instead of "what," I'd have answered differently.


5.  How many keys are on your key ring?

I'm guessing on this one since I tend to leave them in my car (which is in a locked garage).  Five? House, car, mailbox, school, and a plastic key card to get into school.  I also have a whistle for recess.  It comes in handy over the summer.  Not.  Perhaps I should keep it handy to blow during stress dreams, "Stop this crazy butt dream now!!!" 

6.  What was the last thing you bought?

Two things, pillow fill and brown thread.  Makes me sounds so do-it-myselfy, doesn't it?


7.  Are you growing anything these days?

Flowers, a sad little, itty bitty, refuses to grow tomato plant, and geraniums that fear me.


 My carnations are just fine thank you.
Good thing we used a cone to keep it straight, eh?
Just moved these to the side of the house, realized they were being overwatered, decided to not water them for a couple days, then it rained two days straight.  
An "after" picture may be in order.
You know, when they come back to life.

8.  What is under your bed?

Nothing but dust.  My husband wants a Roomba vacuum for that very reason.  I do not want a Roomba vacuum because it would give me one more thing to trip over.  I hope to have the bedroom painted soon, and I'm sure we'll be vacuuming under the bed as part of that process, and then he will sleep much better. I am married to Mr. Clean, and dusty spots he cannot get to make him twitch.

9.  What is most important in life?

Jesus, though I forget about Him more than I remember Him.  Oh wait, you didn't ask who.  Hm, my faith, it's always there when I need it.


10.  What is the strangest word you used this week?

Festoon.  I decided we needed a red, white and blue bunting, and so my husband obliged by helping me festoon the house.  It was used in a Facebook status along with debacle.  No worries, all is now well.
 Duck or you may be smacked in the face by my patriotism.

Now, if you'd answer an app question for me, I'd love your input.
Click here for today's earlier post. 

10 comments:

Jane said...

Not part of your lists...but something I thought of because of your cartoon t-shirt comment. When I went back to work 11 years ago, my daughter went through my wardrobe and weeded out anything she thought of as kindergarten teacher clothing. No cutesy in my wardrobe. :)

Unknown said...

I loved these questions! I think my favorite Monday Listicles yet :)

Unknown said...

I want a Roomba! Husband thinks they are stupid. Buy one so I can live vicariously through you. C'mon. Do it. Is my peer pressure working yet?

I envy your ability to grow anything. I have a black thumb. Except for mold. Mold loves me.

Ducky said...

Irishman and I are like that! We can be laying in bed watching tv and he will look over, smile brilliantly at me and say "Hi".

We have tons of tomatoes. They just won't ripen! Green....they are ALL green.

Keetha Broyles said...

Are listicles testicles on estrogen?

Just wonderin' - - -

ALI said...

DH got a Roomba on Woot.com for a great deal, but it is a lot of work, considering it has a very small pain in the rear to clean case and our dog sheds more than it can handle. I'm still sweeping.

All this said, I do have to confess, when I saw the uniform picture in my *Reading List*, I was like "Man, I know she is petite, but that looks like a little kid dress"... Then I read & realized - it was... :)

Rebecca Jo said...

Festoon.. never even knew it WAS a word :)

You did sound so do it yourselfy! :)

Marie said...

Our tomatoes look similar.

I had to laugh about the comment regarding the Zoomba and your neat freak husband. My husband and I are both so not neat freaks!! I kind of wish one of us were one. Maybe our house would be cleaner...

Stasha said...

You are so funny without even trying. Love this list. I love my roomba. If you keep it under the bed you will not trip. Happy festoon displaying week!

Sisterhood of the Sensible Moms said...

You totally nailed it (and us) with the "What do you think about?" vs. "Who do you think about?". Your fourth grade must indeed rock.

Ellen