Wednesday, December 10, 2008

It's the time of the seasons

Yesterday, my one of my kids noticed it was snowing, and in an attempt to redirect the class after his fraction-work-halting proclamation I replied, "Well, it IS winter."
I then realized I had--horrible conduct for a teacher--given them incorrect information. So we talked about when winter technically begins. It's still fall, but it sure looks and feels like winter.


After school, I got in my car to start it before getting back out to scrape it.


Evidence of our discussion was on my windshield. A tiny fallen leaf cemented to the glass with ice, then snow.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That's awesome Ellen, I'm glad you corrected yourself and explained the season's; even though Chicago's climate doesn't really do much for enforcing this education!

Also, that's a great picture!!

Mama said...

What kind of camera do you have? And do you like it? I'm in the market and don't know much about digital, except that Elle likes her Nikon Cool Pics or whatever it's called. Also, how do you edit your identity so you can add a picture of yourself? Just wondering. I like the little ID pics but don't know how to add it at this point. I contacted Drake to see about getting my master's in English so I could do the high school or community college gig eventually. I don't think I'll get started in January, because I'm focused on travel right now, but you never know, maybe I'll become inspired in the next week to get registered. It will take me awhile to get it accomplished because we can only take 6 hrs. a semester and have to make up our hours at work, so it will make for a super packed schedule. But next Fall for sure! I'm excited. Do you capitalize the seasons? I can't remember!

Ellen aka Ellie said...

Yikes! Is your cold medicine hopping you up?

My camera is a point and shoot Sony. I like it just fine. Someday I'd like something fancier.

Can't remember (not the time) how I got my picture there, go through the steps of setting up an account, I think it will prompt you. Maybe you should be Mama-Mara!