Friday, December 26, 2008

Our little Christmas

After many parties throughout the month, we opted to have a quiet Christmas Day here at home. We shared gifts, had a cinnamon roll breakfast, sent Mackers off to work, I baked, we had a delicious lunch (albeit a simple one because I was the cook), and then in the evening we went to our friend Judy's for dessert (that's why I baked!) The highlight of the day was watching the film, The Nativity Story.
My husband cried through much of it; such a good telling of part of the story that is essential to our Life.


Such a good day, filled with love.


Brad left my gift of two new robes on the chair I'm sitting in right as I write this. It's where I head first thing most mornings. Note the reading glasses placed on top of them...


On his own, Mac went out and bought these hats for Brad. Such a small gesture can make someone feel so valued. I think Brad's considering exchanging the Bears hat (it's a little small) for a White Sox hat though! We'll see what's in stock at Lidz.


Brad reading the mushy card I gave him. (He's going to look at this post and say, "That boy is bald!" It's what he says every time he sees a photo of himself.)


Mac in the morning.



Brad and me by the tree before heading out for dessert.

Mac and me. I tell people he's adopted, that I asked for one who kinda looked like me. How did I do?

5 comments:

DD said...

Oh my gosh! I cant believe you called me a peach! I call my hockey boys that ALL THE TIME and they do NOT understand it. hahah! Thats funny! Glad to see your Christmas went well. You're a good friend. :)

Anonymous said...

WOW!! There's no denying that's your boy!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful Christmas...and yes, if he had longer hair and lipstick...it's you! :)

Ellen aka Ellie said...

Oh my, it's good that Mac doesn't read this blog! Lipstick? I think he sported it once on Halloween...

Mama said...

Your Christmas day sounds heavenly! I'm so happy you and Brad found each other! Mac is looking great - and yes, totally like you. Someone told Elle while I was visiting her in China that she looked like me, and for the first time in her life, that didn't gross her out. Either it didn't gross her out or she handled it without missing a beat. That made me smile. I never really thought we looked much alike; but our baby and preschool pics definitely show resemblance. I actually thought Mitch looked more like me when he was little and for a while there in elementary school, but at some point he switched over to looking more like his dad's side of the family. Love your pictures of everyone!