Last week, for four nights, our church put on a really cool production of an original work, Let It Be Christmas.
It was the Christmas story set, mostly, to Beatles music and told as if it were happening now.
My girls and I went opening night, and so it was special for that reason--a chicks' night out of sorts...(to see my girls, slide all the way down this page to the slide show, and wait for my "daughter/friends" to pop up.)
My two favorite parts of the show were Charles's (w)rap as the opening, and the Wise Men (in this case Eric, Elic, and Zach) who sang the Beatles' "Because" as they approached the Baby Jesus.

On Christmas Day, Brad and I watched The Nativity Story, and each time those Wise Men were on screen in the movie, I could hear the three-part-harmony of three Wise Men in business suits (remember, the modern day setting).
"Love is old, love is new,
Love is all, love is you."
Love is all, love is you."
It's awesome (a word I try to save for God things) to hear an old, familiar song and suddenly hear Him in it.
I thank Elic and Eric, the show's masterminds, for sharing His joy with me in this way.


2 comments:
Thanks Ellen, it was great to be able to do the show- I think we may have enough momentum and good vibes to make it an annual thing (at least next year!) - but we'll see. We sure loved putting it all together!
Interesting concept.
Post a Comment