Saturday, December 20, 2008

So this is Christmas

Today, my family descended upon our home for our "Stewart" Christmas.
The Normals, as we have coined them, are heading to NC on Christmas day to see Jake and Jessica (my oldest nephew and his wife), so we celebrated early by eating some, eating some more, exchanging gifts (only for the kids), and playing games.
I tried to snap at least one photo of everyone who was here,
even Jimmy who does not want to be on this blog!

Below, folks trying on the Holiday Specs. They turn each Christmas light into a sparkling shape. Can you say, "Oooooh, aaaaah"?

Brad's grandkids will each be getting a pair of these next week;
I hope they get a kick out of them like we always do.

Nephew Luke and his girlfriend Krista.
And yep, he's a nephew that plays baseball, they all do.



I love a man in glasses!

My brother Jeff, and two of his boys--Brock and Luke.
After I snapped this, Luke's mom said, "Santa's bringing him socks for Christmas." Geez, what kind of mean Santa brings socks? Oh, wait, the same one who fills Brad's stocking. Shhhh, don't tell him.


Alice delighted after opening a gift of jeans from Hollister. She kept smelling the gift, and Brock said they spray the clothes with cologne as they fold them. Another reason to stay away from the mall...


My brother Jimmy Stewart was here. This is his sweater.

We played Trivial Pursuit, Apples to Apples, and a loud family fave--Pit. If you haven't played it, it's basically a game of shouting and trading...
Mac's back, my sister Amy, Brock, Luke, my sister-in-law Amy, and Jeff.

Krista and Al watch.
You can see, it's a bit chaotic.
I love this picture, even though it's blurry, you can tell Amy is having a blast!
My brother Kevin and Mackers.
Luke and his mom.

I don't have any profound reflections about the day.
It was fun. We always get along.
We always talk about Mom and Dad, and we laugh.
We always end with hugs.
So, it was a blessing to have time together.

No comments: