Monday, December 22, 2008

Mary did you know?

Most likely you've heard it, but my goal today is to simply share the song,
"Mary Did You Know."
I heard it first two years ago, and though I can sing along with and have more memories attached to so many other Christmas carols, this one has become incredibly important to me.
Twenty-two years ago, the birth of one child changed my world. I remember looking at Mac when he was his smallest and wondering about the good he would do in his lifetime.
Now that I am a Christ Follower, I know the birth of
this child more than 2,000 years ago,
changed the world forever.
I know the good He is.
How can we not wonder about His mom?
If your computer is on mute or you're listening to something else, please listen instead to this blog's Playlist.
The second song on the list was sung in church yesterday. I found the vocalist after service, and after complimenting his performance, I asked who sang the song originally. He said, "Dave Matthews."
When I replied, "Gee, I don't usually like him,"
the singer laughed, "Me either!"
But yesterday, we both did. So take a listen.
(If you want to repeat a song, just scroll down to the bottom, and click on it on the Playlist.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ellie! I enjoyed the first 3 songs on your playlist this morning and they all blessed me! Glory! Good stuff. Wishing you, Brad and Mac a blessed Christmas! Now I have to get busy....it's Christmas Eve Eve! :)
Blessings to you!