Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Words for a Wednesday

"Reading is the equivalent of breathing chocolate air."



--Nancie Atwell

3 comments:

Pam C. said...

I totally agree! My work on the Saturday LIFE program has renewed my enthusiam for brain research. In the last two weeks I have read a book on deep brain stimulation and a memoir from a woman who remembers everything she has ever done, said or heard since she was 14. I have been gobbling the text up like my favorite dark chocolate!
Pam C.

Mama said...

I'm not even a person who needs chocolate - a pastry, yes. But reading is one of the two major activities I missed enormously after becoming a mom, sleeping was the other. I love this quote because I really love reading! I'm going to share it with Elle though, because when that girl gets to a certain level of grumpy, I know she needs chocolate!

Camille said...

I am a parent who is fully conscious of the role that teachers play in our children's lives. There is no greater role model than that of the teacher at the head of the class for students to look up to, aspire towards, and be energized by.

Teachers are a special breed of people. They take their job home with them at night and they bring it back the next day. Each and every lesson is thought out, planned for, and executed in the best interest of every student in his/her classroom. There is no room for error.

I applaud and stand behind every teacher my girls have already had, and I am encouraged by those who lay ahead as we climb the grade level ladder. Thank you for sharing what many have read before--and adding your unique flare with your photos. I can think of no better calling for you to bring the joy of learning into the lives of children. ♥

Oh, and I'm thinking I'll be enjoying Wednesdays a whole lot more now, too. :-)