Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Overheard at Summer School

My friend Annemarie related this story to me after teaching second graders in summer school:
Child 1--I have ADD!
Child 2--So do I!
Child 3--I have ADHD!
Child 4 (eager to be in on things)--I have Comcast!
And there are this week's words for Wednesday...

5 comments:

Pam C. said...

I laughed so hard when I heard that story - as a fourth grade teacher Annemarie must have just loved hearing the younger one's thoughts. Just wait until you meet your little darlings at the beginning of fourth grade - hopefully they will still be the sweet little third graders I sadly sent off in June. :)
Pam C.

Anonymous said...

I cracked up when I read that... oh brother, children...

Kayla (facebook)

Jeanette Horng said...

Hahaha I loved this story too! If only my kids were that cute. Here's the high school version:

Miss T (my colleague): "Later on, you will learn about something called an imaginary number."

Student: "Miss T, like Eleventeen?"

mah-meeee said...

ha! too funny!!!

Anonymous said...

Too funny.

-Renee