movies: Slum Dog Millionaire, Fargo (not current I know)
books:The Shack , Twilight
food: any kind of seafood
books:
food: any kind of seafood
beverages: coffee, beer
place: DisneyWorld
place: DisneyWorld
person: Oprah
TV shows: Dancing With the Stars, Gray's Anatomy
Here are my reasons, see if you can match them with the things.
(Shouldn't be hard, they're in order.)
And please, don't take offense, we ARE all allowed our own opinions!
However, if you are a coffee fiend and do not bring your own cup or recycle your cups,
shame on you!
Too much violence and meanness--things that are really happening still as I compose this--can't be made up for with some fun dancing and a happy ending for just one couple.
Too much violence and meanness--things that are really happening still as I compose this--can't be made up for with some fun dancing and a happy ending for just one couple.
If you have to explain why something is funny, let it go, it's not funny.
Imagery schmigery, yep God's a fat black woman. It just doesn't reach me.
Junk fiction, not even good junk fiction.
It ALL tastes like fish.
Not even with sugar and/or cream, don't feel the need to acquire the taste, sure feel good about NOT trashing landfills with lots of grande paper cups.
No woman in my family ever drank it, so it just doesn't seem like a chick drink--give me a margarita.
Overrated and expensive; if it's a dream vacation why do so many kids and parents have meltdowns while there?
Overrated and expensive; if it's a dream vacation why do so many kids and parents have meltdowns while there?
She lost touch with reality on many levels so many years ago, and now she puts the control in Control Freak. The camera work drives me crazy, you'd think they'd really know when to show footwork and when to show whole body shots.
Don't ever expect me to get sucked into a show I have to see week to week--unless it's on Bravo and they rerun it 87 times between new episodes.
Okay. Now that I've gotten that off my chest...the question of the week:
What's something that every else enjoys, raves about, pays big money for or whatever, but the appeal of said thing/show/food/destination/book is completely lost on you?



11 comments:
I don't want to ever go on a cruise. I know many people like them. I just don't want to dine
with strangers. I don't want to be
cooped up with 1,000's of people
knowing it is too far to swim to shore. Too many germs onboard too. Also,there is limited legal jurisdiction on the ships because they are all registered in Liberia! Okay, I have that off my chest. Brenda
Sex in the City- t.v. (didn't see movie, saw one episode and didn't care for it for reasons too long to explain here but probably obvious)
Expensive/designer purses- I'm assuming every woman still uses her purse for the same things whether you paid $20 or $350 on it. Why not use the $330 to save for a great vacation or go out on 5-6 great dates with your spouse and then when a pen explodes or your lipstick lid comes off and ruins the inside of the purse, you can go pick up another and not hate your day.
Starbucks ,,, tastes like coffee to me!
Plasma TV and Blue Ray ,,,
Blackberry phones ,,,... Read More
All reality shows ,,, I watched 1/2 episode of Survivor when it first came out long long ago and thought it was goofy. That set me against that genre for good.
Well, the first things that came to mind have already been said . . .
I have to agree, reality TV shows are far too overrated. That being said, I don't ever watch TV. I have two shows that I follow online, and that's about it. I think the last time that I actually watched any TV was when I was at your house and was questioning you about everything on the show . . . : )
And again, I agree, Twilight. Ugh.
I'm just glad you didn't put The Book Thief on your list. ;)
For my 'I don't get why people like list'...
Books: The Time Traveler's Wife (I think we talked about that one); anything by Dan Brown (I can deal with bad theology, it's when he uses the same plot twist in three different books that I refuse to read anything else by him)
TV: America's Next Top Model (I've only seen one episode but when a bunch of the girls told the curvy size 6 girl that she should be a plus size model and quit eating eggs for breakfast because she was getting fat - that's when I swore off that show for life)
Food: I can't think of anything because I always give food second chances. There were times in my life when I hated yogurt and squash but now I like both (though probably not together)
Movies: Hmmm... I'm drawing a blank but I know there are more than a few on the list...
Gambling.
Reality shows. They seem so unrealistic to me.
Natural bodies of water!! I am terrified of them.
Running!! I don't get it. Of couse I LOOK like I don't get it, but still.......ouch!!
I don't understand the appeal of 30 Rock. I know as a comedic sophisticate I should be a big fan, but I'm just not. I've watched it, I've even sort of enjoyed it, but it never hooked me.
People that must be the center of attention, just drives me insane.
Post a Comment