We were talking about our feelings about our church switch on Sunday, I hope to be able to articulate mine here soon, and Brad said, "I have a Psalm for you." He told me to read Psalm 137 (the first few verses), and think of my former church as Zion (Jerusalem)...
He couldn't read it out oud, he would cry because he knows I still feel wounded. So I read it to us. I cried.
This is from The Message:
"Alongside Babylon's rivers
we sat on the banks, we cried and cried,
remembering the good old days in Zion.
Alongside the quaking aspens we stacked our unplayed harps;
That's where our captors demanded songs,
sarcastic and mocking:
'Sing us a happy Zion song!'
Oh how could we ever sing God's song
in this wasteland?
If I ever forget you, Jerusalem,
let my fingers wither and fall off like leaves
Let my tongue swell and turn black
if I fail to remember you,
if I fail, O dear Jerusalem,
to honor you as my greatest."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I really feel the strength of the words in this post - the words of God and your words - spoken and unspoken....
Post a Comment