This morning, I woke and stayed in bed for a while thinking. That totally quiet time is something I don't often have, and admittedly, I had to fight the impulse to jump up to get started on my day. That is, after all, my normal routine.
Even though I wasn't thinking about this blog, I suddenly knew what this week's "Question of the Week" had to be:
How may I pray for you?
I understand you may not want to answer by commenting below (though if you do, that would be fine), so feel free to email me at evstewart@gmail.com or send me a message on facebook.
I understand you might feel uncomfortable asking for prayer at all. I lay there this morning thinking about a small group I used to be in. To conclude the group's time together each meeting, we'd collect praise and prayer requests. One friend would always say, "I'm good."
One week I blurted out, "Are you beyond asking for God's help?" Everyone else kind of exhaled a collective, "Whoa!-Oooh!" kind of sound (my onomatopoeia skills are lacking today) as if they thought I was being confrontational or challenging. That wasn't my intent, but I can see how it must have seemed. Though I could have been more eloquent, I really was just pleading with him to open up to us and in doing so open up MORE to God.
Just like with that friend, if you're someone who is a friend of mine (in person or from the Net), I already pray for you from time to time. Mostly I pray that you have answers to your prayers. But if you have anything more specific, an ask or a thanks you'd like to share, my heart is open. Most importantly, His is.
So, how may I pray for you?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Thanks for asking and praying. I have a daughter getting her Masters degree in religion. With an emphesis on Islam. She used to be a believer and now has totally rejected her faith. She is going to Morocco to study arabic. I ask for prayer for her to find her way back to God.
You can help me pray for my sister - she has a very stressful job situation right now and is looking to find the best way out of it without causing too much disruption to herself and her family.
Praise that my dear friend is responding well to estrogen treatment for her stage 2 breast cancer and is feeling strong and excited as she plans for her wedding this summer.
For those of you who were open here and those who contacted me in other ways, I pray!
Post a Comment