The other day, I wrote about my tussle with myself about keeping my yearbooks--or not. Today, well, today I feel the call to write about a book I will always keep. One I hope will get passed on after I die. I referred to it when I was writing my yearbook post (callous or callus?) I use it a lot. Even though there are high tech versions at my fingertips, I love using my dictionary.
This one was a gift from my parents Christmas 1981. I know this for sure because my mom shared this: I don't know if this qualifies as a "trinket", hold on...nope, looked up trinket and this precious book doesn't fit any of the three definitions. It is most certainly one of my treasures. It holds much value, even beyond the definitions for "value" on page 1283.


2 comments:
Yes, dear one. This counts as a trinket or treasure. Why? Because you are trinket and treasure driven. It is a part of your DNA, love language, and emotional hardware. You place great value in what the treasure represents or the trinket holds. It is not the cost but the emotional importance of the one who gave it.
Fortunately for me... I get to be both the trinket and treasure. I am a luck guy. Now to find out which shelf or box I will end up in or on and of course needing to be dusted off. :)
Your Husband
Hey Sir,
I use my dictionary often, no dust collects on it!
I'm glad you realize your good fortune!
Hugs,
ellie
Post a Comment