Today I received a phone call from our principal. She was calling each of us on staff to let us know that a first grader died yesterday. His name was Jeffrey, and he suddenly collapsed and could not be revived. Jeffrey was a student in my friend Megan's class.
So I'm asking that you pray for Jeffrey's family, but will you also pray for Megan and her teaching assistant? Will you pray for Jeffrey's classmates? For his specials teachers? For our social worker? For all of my school family?
Perhaps some of you have experienced a sense of family at your place of work. I love the people I work with. They often know more about my life and joys and hurts than my real family. They have lifted me up, almost literally, to get me through some of life's hardships. And now, so many of them are hurting, all I can do for them is pray and ask you to do that too.
I ask Him that He make us all aware we remain in His embrace. May we feel Him this week and beyond.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
will pray for LWS and Jeffery's
family
BP
Oh, how very sad. I will be praying.
Oh, how very sad. I will be praying.
what a tragedy! i'll certainly be lifting them all up. heartfelt prayers!
Lifting all of you up. Death is never, ever easy but it's so near impossible to handle when the one to leave us has only begun the journey of life. Praying peace and comfort for all.c
You, your school family, and little Jeffrey will be in my prayers.
they will be in my prayers...
at the beginning of the school year, something like that happened at ash's school too. though the child did not pass away but he has been in a coma since. so very very sad....
Post a Comment