Friday, June 4, 2010

Fun Photo Friday

     This week, my kids have been sharing "How To" speeches in class.  Charles is a gardener.  His family has their own garden and they have a community plot where they grow vegetables to share with the local food pantry.  (Wow, huh?!)  His speech was on planting seeds, and he gave me this broccoli plant to take home and nurture. He is a trusting soul!
     I plan on blogging about it on my class blog this summer, that is if I can keep it alive!

5 comments:

Pam C said...

Right now I am using my very brown thumb to nurture an African violet. So far, so good....

purejoy said...

what a cool speech that must have been. and cool that they garden for a purpose beyond feeding themselves. charles rocks, and you can tell him i said so!

Ellen aka Ellie said...

He does rock, and I will tell him I'm not the only one who thinks so!

Renee said...

I would have to give this to John to tend. I'm not very good at remembering a little called water.

-Renee

Ellen aka Ellie said...

I'm concerned about:

1) Rabbits
2) Our groundskeepers (or whatever they're called) who pull stuff. Eventually it's got to get in the ground...