Isaiah 40:28-31 (New International Version)
28 Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.
29 He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
30 Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
31 but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.
The other day I wrote a short post about Mac's friend Brandon. In it, I mentioned the special gift Brandon gave me. You see, my son is not a believer, but Brandon was. I should say, Brandon IS! The gift he gave me? When we talk about Brandon and I talk about the faith Brandon and I share, Mac listens.
On a card that was passed out at Brandon's funeral three years ago, that latter part of verse 31 was quoted. I opted to share more than that verse with Mac on the first anniversary of Brandon's death and again this year. I reminded Mac both times, although God reclaimed his friend, we can see him again, and until then we will remember and celebrate this life while looking forward to the next.
Thanks Brandon, for loving Jesus and for loving Mac.


2 comments:
praying that Mac surrenders to Jesus… praying that he'll encounter many many Jesus-with-skin-on people at LSU. not sure how it is in the bayou… but here in the south, Jesus reigns.
expectant of great things… praying expectantly.
stopping by from friday follow 40 and over,, I am your newest follower, love your blog..
http://www.livelaughlovewiththeponderingprincess.com/2010/07/follow-friday-40-and-over.html
Post a Comment