Here's the Hancock Building on our arrival...
We got there a bit early, so we went across the street to the Fourth Presbyterian Church (built in 1914). There were men working on the steeple...
Inside shots (Do they need captions? Let me know...)
Back across the street and up 95 floors to lunch...we got a window table (yay)! My view of the AON Building, The Trump Tower, and the
Brad's view of Lake Michigan and Navy Pier:
The Water Tower (one of the only buildings to survive the Chicago Fire) below us...this is important...
When we were done eating, I wanted to visit the Water Tower to get a perspective shot of the Hancock behind it.
And because my parents used to rendezvous there for dates back in the early 50s, I wanted a picture of us in their special spot.
Sometimes 40 miles away seems like such a great distance, today was definitely worth the trip.


14 comments:
Amazing pics! Are you a professional photographer, or what? What a great day you had too!
Amazing shots! I have always wanted to go into that church - your pics have inspired me to do so the next time I am near the church.
Just snaps. I believe if you take enough, some will turn out well!
Chicago is so picturesque. It's hard to take a truly awful picture. I love our nearby city!
Oh, and thank you both so much. I am flattered by your compliments.
So glad you guys had a lovely time! And the pictures really are wonderful!
Nice pictures! I am an architecture junkie (was one of my early career dreams) and love seeing fantastic old buildings.
i got vertigo looking at your beautiful photos ... yikes. 95th floor?!
oh you are making me homesick! :-)
Moving out to the burbs, can feel so much more than 40 miles away!
and as many times as I've walked by that church, even sat in it's courtyard, I had never seen inside... lovely :-)
(cutie dress, too!)
I heart that you two go out on dates like this. It looks beautiful and you look beautiful! Miss you. :)
That church is a phenomenal building. I love photographing intricate works of architecture. YOu did an amazing job. So you're just 40 miles from Chicago?
Oh, I love your hair, Ellie. It's shorter in this photo than in your profile picture. It's so cute!!
Love your photos of the city and that you had such a nice date with your husband! I thought I was following you already but I guess that I wasn't. I've fixed that now. Thanks for sharing!
Love the pictures, and the memories shared... How neat that you know your parents used to date there...
I wonder if my draw into God is in part knowing that's where my parents met...
Dori, I love the dress too (hey, I didn't design it, I just bought it.)
Weezer, yep the 'burbs. And the hair was chopped off in Feb, though people are telling me it's even shorter now.
Ali, I miss my parents fiercely still.
Ace, Lots of great architecture in Chicago! Lovely city! One of my favorites.
Bia, 95th floor. Fun elevator ride!
Lisa, thank you (I have such encouraging friends).
Jay, I love Brad and I love dates with him, you know that!
mmmm. stunning shots. makes me want to go. how many times i've passed by without a notion to stop. either i'm anxious to get "home" or anxious to be on my way back "home."
this year… i began referring to wisconsin as wisconsin… not home. after 30 years… tennessee is HOME. the place from which my FAMILY hails.
i am tennessee. i've lived here longer than anywhere else.
rocky top it is!
Post a Comment