Monday, August 16, 2010

Question of the Week

     As I finished week five of C25K, I decided to reward myself for sticking out the program this far, and I went to where else TJ Maxx where I found these great exercise tops.  I hadn't bought any for three years, and those I wear to yoga are quite shabby.  So I was tickled to find these, one Avia and the other Adidas, on clearance for $7 each. A cheap reward, but an enriching one.
      They remind me of the start of rainbow sherbet, only a couple of other colors needed!
      This week's question:  When you reach a goal, do you reward yourself?  How have you done so?




8 comments:

Pam C said...

Okay, yesterday after Jim and I left school drenched in sweat, hauled wood home for shelves in my classroom, and worked together in the garage to make those shelves, we spent the afternoon peacefully swirling around in our pool followed by poolside wine, cheese and nuts. A heavenly reward for a job well done!

Karen & Gerard said...

Generally no, to me reaching the goal is the reward.

ALI said...

Yep. I firmly believe in rewarding good behavior, even if it is a goal I want to achieve.

Rewards vary... If it is a crazy busy week, where my son stays with his grandma, then I head out to dinner with my girlfriend for some girl time. If it is losing weight, I'll reward myself with a new pair of pants or shirt to go with my better feeling attitude.

Bribes exist b/c they work...

Stacy said...

Just enjoying the end result is usually all the reward I need. It's very satisfying to sit back and see what you have done. The only other thing I do to reward myself has been when I've lost weight...then I'll buy myself a new article of clothing.

purejoy said...

love your purchases, and so proud of you with the C25K.
i reward myself with time to read… or to watch a favorite show on DVR. try to stay away from food rewards.
so far the SBD has netted me about 7 lbs loss. done with phase one but i'm going to hang for one more week. no sugar or bread or anything carby for two weeks. i've survived! (so far)

mary ep said...

Ok, I lost 12 lbs. so I went and did some fake tanning!!

Kaite via facebook said...

I do! and currently am. My rewards are small at the moment, but when I hit my word count quota for the day on my dissertation, I let myself watch TV. hahaha.. sounds silly but while it gives me something to look forward to, it also helps me wind down and relax after an intense day of brain exercise! Those tops are cute, btw, cant believe they were so cheap!!!

Ellen aka Ellie said...

Mary, you left the Y off your last name. Does that represent lost weight? Will your next comment be from Mary p?

Katie, wonderful! Keep writing girl, I'm going to say I'm proud of you!

Ace, I don't do this all the time, but this running thing is kicking my butt. Each workout is a cause for amazement.

Kimberly--thank you!

Pam, you have a pool? We ARE hanging out (read I am going to mooch time there) next summer.

Ali--on many levels I agree. Intrinsic or extrinsic, there is often a reward. Both are valuable!