Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Words, a day early

     Brad and I are spending the day in the Big City (Chicago) on a rare mid-week date.  The weather is meant to be perfect, our lunchtime is reserved at a posh and scenic spot, so I'm hoping to have some fun photos to share tomorrow.
     So Wednesday is Tuesday this week.
     At church this weekend, our guest teacher Chris Payne shared these words.  I don't know if he "coined" them or if he copied them, so I'll give him the credit:

     "God is God.  I am not.  
Most of my problems come when I forget that."


Do they mean anything to you?
They got me, and they got me good.

9 comments:

Weezer said...

Goodness. That's a big punch in a few words. More truth there than I'd like to admit. Thanks for this.
Chicago, huh? The Windy City? That's all I know about it. That and Obama. Never been there. I've been to St Louis when I was a kid.
I'll be anxious to hear how the 'date' goes. That's one cutie pie you're going with....if that's him in that picture. Take pictures.
Enjoy. Safe trip.
Weezer

Pam C said...

Words to live by - I don't need many more than that.

casiphia said...

Powerful words. Very true on the second sentence and it makes a lot of sense.

Stacy said...

Very true.

Have fun on your date!

mahmeeee said...

very awesome reminder! i need to copy that down and post it somewhere. i need to be reminded of that daily.

thanks ellen!

dori said...

I find this interesting...because the first part "God is God. I am not." is what I always say when I don't understand the reason for something that has happened (past tense)...but the second part makes me think a little more on the proactive side; it suggests to me that perhaps we may be cultivating the "problems", when we forget to let Him be all that He is.

Kinda makes me think of the other great quote "If you put God first, you won't need a list."

thanks for the thoughts :-)
You may not be God, but you're Rockin' His Image :-)

Candace said...

wowza! I needed to hear that right now.

ALI said...

I think I just found a new poster for my office...

Shelley said...

TRUE DAT! Why do I forget so often?