Today is my birthday. I am 50. I am beyond happy to be 50, since my 40s were so great, I know there's nothing to be afraid of!
In my 50s, I'd like to:
Learn to sew
(A plan is in the works)
In my 50s, I'd like to:
Learn to sew
(A plan is in the works)
Knit something other than a scarf
(Again, a plan is in the works, but not until I finish the two scarves I'm working on!)
(Again, a plan is in the works, but not until I finish the two scarves I'm working on!)
Get a better camera and learn how to use it
(I take some good snapshots, just once I'd like to take a good photograph.)
(I take some good snapshots, just once I'd like to take a good photograph.)
Pursue another advanced degree
(I'm thinking a master's, Brad's suggesting a doctorate--no way!)
(I'm thinking a master's, Brad's suggesting a doctorate--no way!)
Learn to play guitar
(Gotta get one!)
(Gotta get one!)
Run more
(Nothing to buy, phew!)
Sign up for and complete one 5K a year
(running/walking/wunning--it's my thing)
(Nothing to buy, phew!)
Sign up for and complete one 5K a year
(running/walking/wunning--it's my thing)
Switch grade levels again
(This may be inevitable due to enrollment, I'll get older, they'll be younger...)
(This may be inevitable due to enrollment, I'll get older, they'll be younger...)
Get braces
(Again!)
Allow a photo to be taken of me in my bathing suit and share it here
(Don't stop visiting, I'll warn you before it happens, and you can skip that day! I'm working on self acceptance, that doesn't me you have to work through it with me!)
Grow closer to God, and follow Jesus with more awareness
Give more generously than I did in my 40s.
(Again!)
Allow a photo to be taken of me in my bathing suit and share it here
(Don't stop visiting, I'll warn you before it happens, and you can skip that day! I'm working on self acceptance, that doesn't me you have to work through it with me!)
Grow closer to God, and follow Jesus with more awareness
Give more generously than I did in my 40s.
Add to this list all the time...



16 comments:
Let me be the first to wish you a happy birthday today, El! (The first of many I am sure!)
Great list!
Happy Happy Birthday. Hope you have a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious kind of day.
Love your list. Ambitious! I want to do the 5K too.
Thanks for sharing. Blessings, SusanD
Happy Birthday!
I love your list. I love your outlook on turning 50. And I'm with Brad... Why not become Dr. Ellie? :)
Hope you have a wonderful day!
These are great!
May I suggest knitting pillows as your first foray into other projects? They are easy, and very rewarding. :)
If you were into crochet, I have a fantabulous pattern book. But alas. :)
Enjoy your birthday, and revel in all God has done for you!
Happy Birthday, Ellie!!
Exciting list...sounds like fun!
(except the braces.. I didn't notice you needed them)
I know you can do it all!
"May He give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed. " Psa 20:4
happy birthday, ellie!! what a fantastic idea… a list of things to learn… experience. i love that idea.
i want to learn how to make hats… for kids with cancer. or just for bald little babies that can't keep their noggins warm.
fifty and fabulous. happy happy day!
Happy Birthday Ellie! Have a fantastic day!
Happy Birthday, Ellie! I love your goal list. I'm thinking of one I should do, to list the things I want to do before I turn 40 (Nov. 20 next year) You looked so cute in your bathing suit as a child, and I'm sure you look great in one now. Swimming season is going to be here in a few days, and I'm working on self acceptance also. I just bought a new two-piece tankini!:) Hope you have a grat day with a lot of cake and ice cream and friends and hugs and, and, and ...:)
Happy Birthday and thanks for sharing your goals! Have a fabulous day!
Happy Birthday!
I love your list! Happy 50th Birthday! I turned 50 in May...your list sounds alot like what is going on in my head!
I am running ahem walking perhaps wogging a 4K on Saturday!
I have renewed my motivation! Thanks
Thank you all for the wishes!
I learned a great deal in my 40s, and I loved it. Never would have thought I'd learn to knit. Still learning it, and I get great satisfaction from it. Next is a washcloth, to be explained later, then a purse.
One Dr. in the house is enough--I'll leave that title to my doctorate in ministry husband!
Braces are desperately needed on the bottom teeth...
Brenda, a tankini may do the trick--but it's my thighs that bug me the most. (Notice the skirt on the suit in the vintage Ellie pic!) The running is helping them, they are stronger and a bit firmer, but they're also bigger. Wrapping my head around that in a healthy way.
Thanks for all the comment love!
Hope your birthday has been full of wonderful things!
Well, let's see. I could help you with a few.
What kind of camera are you looking to get? I could help out a bit there.
Running - I could be your cheerleader! :) Although my body won't allow me to join you, there is plenty of room on the sideline!
Guitar - could totally help you there. Do you own one?
Braces? Really? I never noticed that you needed them . . .
Happy Birthday, again!
<3 Sar
YES ! Go get a big girl camera, it's so much fun trying new things !
Happy Belated Birthday! I would have wished you one yesterday, but since my computer died Wednesday evening and I was off work on Thursday, I totally managed to miss being on time. I like your list, although I'm afraid pursuing another degree will leave you less time for the other endeavors. :)
Post a Comment